First Time Meeting Enemies...?

This will be my post this month.

This is the first time for me to post a real conflict. I'm not sure if I can really call this a real battle...

- Kazuhiro Kasami

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Asahi and his crew embarked on a voyage to the open seas of this other world, but the first thing they had to do was to do checks. How much food, fuel, and ammunition did each ship have on board? Now Asahi and the captains of the vessels were gathering in Katori, where the conference room was located.

"Err, well then, all ships, report your situations."

The first one to raise her hand at Asahi's command was Fusou. Since she had become Asahi's flagship, she was consulted by everyone and was apparently to be treated as a sort of secretary to Asahi. The man thought inwardly that since this secretary ship is not like in a certain game, it will be fine... but this would later lead to something unexpected.

However, no one knew yet at this time what would make them angry. Aside from that...

"We have already compiled a summary of all the reports from the various vessels. As a result, it was found that food, fuel, and ammunition are fully loaded."

"Then, from the looks of it... can we cruise at 10 knots for a few days at least?"

"Yes, we have special transport ships, so if you use them with proper planning... they can last for about two weeks. However, there is also the matter of Army supplies, so we would like to find a base where we can replenish our supplies as soon as possible."

"So it would seem."

In this case, securing food and fresh water is more of a problem than fuel. It is only natural that fresh water is hard to come by on the ocean unless it rains. There are devices that can distill seawater into freshwater, but they are not very desirable in a fleet with equipment from the (early) Showa era.

"Anyway, keep the air and surface search radars on. What has the highest output?"

Akashi, who was familiar with the equipment, answered this question.

"As the most advanced aircraft carrier, Unryuu-san and her sisters' ships can generate the most power. The equipment themselves are the most advanced by the standards of our generation, being the American model that you chose as an upgrade, so it can detect aerial targets up to 300 kilometers and surface targets at nearly 100 kilometers."

The air search radar, commonly known as "SG radar," is the most recent.

"However," Akashi added, "Having both activated on one ship would consume too much power, so I thought it would be better to split it between the two ships if possible."

"I see... I'll ask Amagi and Katsuragi to detect aerial and surface targets, respectively. If you detect anything, report back to me immediately."

The fact that the two ships remained passive in the previous world and had a chance to play an active role in the field was a sign of Asahi's consideration for the girls. He hoped this would make them feel a little more positive about the situation.

""Yes, sir.""

Asahi clapped his hands as the two saluted.

"Good, that's it for today's meeting. We're going to have dinner now, so everyone wait here for a while."

Yahagi, surprised at the unexpected words, commented, "Eh, Commander, are you going to make it?"

"Yeah. But it's hard for me to cook for this many people by myself, so Mamiya, Hiyou, and Junyou, I need your help."