9. I Trusted You

Virtue Memoria ( Den's Point of View Part 1 )

I grinned with excitement when Chie approached me for a hug. She had a shy smile on her face which usually meant she made drawings for us.

She's always drawn us pictures since we met her in the hospital years ago, and Hiro encouraged her to become an artist.

"Hi Chie," I said, gently moving some hair from her eyes.

"Wow, your hair is getting so long! Would you like me to braid it for you one day?" I asked as I watched her run back to the couch and pick up a small stack of 4 pieces of paper.

"Can you do it before you leave?" She smiled, handing me a drawing.

"Of course!"

"You drew us another picture?" Yuki said excitedly but softly, she always had a gentle tone with children as if she was scared they'd be scared of her. It was sweet.

Chie hummed happily and nodded, handing Yuki hers next and then Seina and Natsumi. We thanked her happily and studied what she drew for us.

The drawing she gifted me looked as if it had me with a large circle, on my arm and a stick in my other hand.

I looked at Chie curiously. "What's this circle?"

"That's a shield! I couldn't make it as pretty as my dream," She spoke as if disappointed in herself.

"Aw no, it looks amazing Chie," I smiled at her, feeling bad to see her disappointed.

"Dream?" Yuki asked curiously.

"Yeah, Chie had a dream we all had powers and fought monsters," Isao explained as if he was the proudest older brother in the world.

"Maybe your dreams are like your big brothers," Seina said, almost jokingly.

Chie's eyes lit up at her words.

"That would be so cool!" She said loudly.

"You look so cool," Yuki said softly, she was leaning on Natsumi's shoulder to see the drawing Chie made her.

"With four arms?" Natsumi questioned with a raised brow.

Yuki shrugged and got off her arm. "You could probably pull it off, you always make lame clothes look nice."

Natsumi slowly turned her head from looking at the drawing to Yuki with a strong blank stare. In return, Yuki just looked confused.

"You're really stupid Yuki," I said soft enough for just her to hear, watching the two of them.

Being the only one in our group, to my knowledge, who knew Yuki's sexuality and seeing how much she failed to talk properly to other women always gave me secondhand embarrassment and stress.

Even Isao and Hiro aren't as dumb when it comes to talking to girls. I just know I'll grow grey hair the day she tells me she fell in love and needs advice.

"What? I was complimenting her," Yuki said looking back and forth between me and Natsumi.

I sighed and shook my head. I knew she liked Seina, but if she likes Natsumi too then I truly wish her luck.

Seina laughed softly as she watched the three of us.

"Alright, thank you for all the gifts Chie, but we have something we gotta do, ok?" Isao said, tapping her head gently as if to tell her to leave.

She lightly slapped his hand away in annoyance. "Alright, I'll go back to my room then. Can I come to play with everyone later?" She asked curiously.

"Of course! I brought a new game we can play!" Seina said happily.