43. Flowers Always Wither

Virtue Memoria ( Den's Point of View Part 4 )

I slowly calmed my breathing, I wiped my eyes clean of tears with my shaky hands. I felt so weak in more ways than one.

It hurt.

I didn't know what to tell the others, or what to do now. I wasn't good without the others. I always needed someone to hold my hand.

I wanted to break down. I can't take this.

I just want to go back home. To be a normal girl again watching drama shows and spending time with my friends.

What did I do to deserve this? What did we do?

Why do we have to be in this condition?

I slowly turned to look at Toku once his footsteps fell silent. He looked pale as he stumbled, falling to his knees.

How did I not notice? I should've noticed. But I was too caught up in how I felt to notice.

He had a large gash on his arm, and his skin was turning an odd shade of blue as if his veins were turning to ice.

His pupils dilated, his eyes slowly rolling to the back of his head as he collapsed fully. I got on my knees next to him quickly, holding his head up.

"No, no, no, please. Don't leave me by myself. Please Toku. Wake up, please. I can't do anything alone. You can heal yourself, can't you? Please Toku," My breathing quickly picked up once more from the pain and panic as I watched his breathing slowly come to a complete stop.

I'm not sure how long I held his lifeless body. I felt so emotionless. So tired.

Why can't I do anything right?

Please.

Please.

Someone help me.

"Den?" I heard a soft voice call out for me, arms quickly wrapping around me in comfort. I looked to see it was Natsumi who was hugging me from behind. The firm and comforting hold she had on me didn't make my situation any better.

I was so tired. So empty.

"It's ok Den, you can rest now. It's ok," Natsumi whispered softly, I felt tears continue to stream down my cheeks as I closed my eyes.

I felt peaceful. Blissful. I felt light and warm.

Just like when the goddess called for me.