35. Story In Your Eyes

Justice Memoria ( Seina's Point of View Part 4 )

"Not all people run from disasters. Some hide. So we should focus on searching places to help people find the courage to evacuate, if a fight comes to us then we'll fight." Kurai instructed as Yuki and I followed her close behind.

As I looked over at Yuki I realized that she seemed to be lost in thought, her eyes were focused and her hand was fiddling with the handle of her katana as it sat in its sheath by her side. She looked serious, determined, yet lost.

I wanted to reach out to her, and I couldn't help myself but do so. As I gently grabbed her lower arm she looked over at me as if she snapped out of whatever plagued her mind.

"Everything ok?" I couldn't help but worry for her. I understood it was a serious situation we were in, but something in me wanted to hold her. To check on her.

She stared at me silently before flashing me a faint smile with a nod. "Yeah, I'm ok. Thank you," She said softly, the look in her eyes quickly softened as she stared at me.

But I know she was lying. Yet I couldn't pressure her if she didn't want to say it, I just want to be there for her when she allows me to be.

Although I slowly let go of her, I didn't want to. I just forced a smile and continued to walk in silence beside her.

Although she was alive and breathing beside me, I couldn't get the image of her dead body out of my head. No matter what happens I don't think I'll be able to get over it. It was a heavyweight in my chest but I had to keep going.

Since I met Yuki, she was always there to listen to what I had to say. She never hesitated to help me when I needed someone. If I had a bad day and she found out, she'd make sure to call me until I felt better or even sneak over to my house to keep me company.

I can't think of a time she didn't help me.

I just wish for once she'd let me help her too.

Yuki quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me close to her side as people came running out of a building towards us, they all passed us screaming as they pushed and bumped into each other.

I looked at the building they were evacuating from in a panic and noticed one of the windows was shattered as if something crashed into it. I felt my heart racing, I knew demons were roaming and possibly killing people, but a part of me wished we didn't have to fight yet.

But I can't let the other two fight alone, I have to carry my weight too.

Kurai quickly snaked her way past the people running out of the building, and Yuki followed her quickly while holding onto me so we wouldn't get separated.

I took a deep breath and held her hand firmly for support, she squeezed my hand gently in return. As we followed after Kurai who seemed to be focused as if she could track where the demon was we slowly began to hear strange noises.

I felt a pit in my stomach as the sound of gushes and gurgling was getting louder and louder as we approached a door. The smell of blood filled the air as Kurai turned the doorknob and slowly opened the door.

In the corner of a room was a demon not too much taller than us. Their upper back was scrunched over, and they had small orange horns on top of their head, when they slowly turned to face us their orange eyes were open wide. A large chunk of flesh was in their mouth, still dripping with blood.

The demon was holding the torse of a man in its long bony hands, its sharp orange claws digging into his stomach.

The room was painted red and reeked of death. The office desks were all destroyed, covered in torn limbs and blood. All the limbs looked as if they belonged to a different person. I've seen plenty of horrific sites on the internet, but seeing such things in person was another level of unsettling.