Chapter 3 - The Relationship

*No One's POV*

One good word to describe your relationship would have been tight-knit. You were each other's safe place, and you needed each other. In your terms, without her, you are like a plant pulled out of its ecosystem. You were each other's friends, biggest supporters, and great companions. The love you felt for each other was adoring, accepting, appreciative and gentle.

You'd occasionally have some fights, but none of you could take it any further than an hour because the time you spent together mattered more than any ego or complex.

Everything was going well until one day.

2021. [A few months before Lisa's Solo]

Lisa had been pretty busy working on her solo album. Everyone was working their asses off to give the Blinks the much-awaited solo of their maknae. It obviously meant less time for you and Lisa, but both of you were determined to get past it. Every second you spent together was counted.

You spent countless nights waiting for her to get home just so you could kiss her to bed. You'd get up early before her so that you could pack a light breakfast or snack for her. Whenever she felt exhausted or down, you waited at her hand and foot, caressing her, constantly reminding her how amazing of a person she is.

Lisa, being Lisa, wanted to make sure that her girl got equal attention as her work. Her work was important to her. She had spent her sweat and blood on it, but nothing mattered to her more than her girl. Even though you said it was fine, she insisted on a date, and you both went out.

It all started to go down from there.

It was not something new in Korea for an idol or celebrity to get hooked up in a dating scandal. However, the chaos that followed the scandal was hard to take most of the time. You never know if you will get hated or loved, and when it comes to Blackpink, it is more likely that they'd be criticized.

Dispatch spotted the two of you together, and they were able to get some decent photos of you being lovey-dovey with each other. Luckily, they only released a picture from which no one could say Lisa was with you, let alone you were a girl. However, the clear pictures made their way to YG. Well, at the end of the day, many things are media plays.

Fans were going crazy as the first dating rumor of Lisa broke. All the people who shipped Lisa with her own group members and members of other groups made theories to prove who Lisa was dating.

Of course, the first demand her boss put forward in front of her was to break up with you, which she wasn't going to do under any circumstance. Lisa's boss even tried to reason it out with her that you were with her for her fame and money, which Lisa very well knew were nothing but bullshit. The girls supported you both, so as an alternative option, he suggested creating a fake dating scandal.

Lisa was already getting much hate in Korea because of her nationality, and if the news got out that she was in a relationship with a girl, then it could really affect her career in the industry. Those were true, and Lisa knew it too, but she was worried about how it might hurt you. When he assured her that everything would go well and it would do good for her career as a soloist as well, she half-heartedly agreed.

Lisa wasn't even sure how to break the news to you. You were already worried since the rumors started. You prayed to every known God not to take Lisa away from you.

Well, your prayers were heard, but only for a very limited time.

When Lisa told you about fake dating, at first, you were silent. You couldn't even process what your mind was telling you. But you understood how hard she would be struggling as well. You being the understanding girlfriend you are, assured her that you'd support her through everything. When you told her that, giving your most sincere smile, her heart dropped, and she immediately wanted to recall the plan, but it wasn't that easy.

She was set to date Jeon Jungkook from the famous boy group BTS. He was the perfect candidate since there were already some shippers who believed in Liskook. The plan wasn't to officially declare the relationship initially but to drop a few hints and have fans pick them up. However, when both companies spotted the attention the news was gaining, and surprisingly when most of the people took it well and loved the new "power couple," as they liked to call it, the companies released an official statement saying both of them were dating without consulting with Lisa or Jungkook.

Lisa was furious even more because she was watching how the hints of them dating were making you sad. Yes, it did hurt you — to watch the girl you love being announced as someone else's. But you kept your mind positive, thinking that you were the one she came home to, kissed good night, and cuddled.

But it all changed soon.

Ever since they were announced as an official couple, Lisa and Jungkook were supposed to spend more time together to make it look natural. Lisa hated it. She wanted to be home with you rather than spending time with some man. However, the more time she spent with him, the more she realized how much of a gentleman he was. He was funny, charming, and cute, just like Lisa. They were like the same side of a coin that perfectly fit together.

Lisa didn't realize when her heart started to beat differently around him. Unlike with you, she didn't have to be afraid of anything with him. They were free to do whatever they wanted, and she just had to tell you that it's all for media and you'd trust her in a beat. The first time they made love, your existence was entirely forgotten by her.

Even so, Lisa didn't accept the fact that she was cheating on you. She couldn't wrap her mind around the fact that she was a cheater. So, she started hating you, bringing herself to believe that it was your fault she cheated on you. To some extent, it did make her feel good, but deep down, she knew she was the one who wronged you.

The girls were oblivious to what was going on. Lisa knew they'd never let her cheat on you since they all loved you so much, so she kept it a secret from everyone else.

She started to find you irritating and clingy. She would often snap at you, and arguments became frequent between you two. You tried to be understanding that she was stressed — which she was — but you noticed the change in her. The way she looked at you, the way she smiled at you, the way she kissed you, the way she would say 'I love you' — everything changed. You were slowly realizing Lisa was drifting away from you, but you refused to accept it because, without her, there was no life for you. So you pretended everything was okay the moment she muttered a 'sorry' and you'd genuinely forgive her.

And she took it for granted. She took you for granted.

It became a routine for Lisa to sleep over at a "friend's" house, and whenever she was home, she hardly spent time with you and would even make you sleep alone. Even after many missed dates, numerous fights, broken promises and yelling, you still hoped that it was all just a nightmare and you'd still wake up to her to see the same love that brimmed in her eyes years ago.

But soon after, the day came. The day you realized you had completely lost her.

It was your fourth anniversary. Among all the fights you have been having, you weren't hoping for a surprise, but you at least hoped she'd show up early to eat with you. She has never missed that.

Half past ten, the door to your apartment opened and Lisa came in. She seemed tipsy and proceeded to the bedroom without even greeting you. You could have kept quiet just like you did many nights, but it wasn't just any night, and you have missed her — everything about her. You needed answers — the ones she never wanted to tell you.