Chapter 10 - Keep Her In Your Life

*No One's POV*

After Rosè's birthday, you decided to keep your distance from the girls. You thought that was the best decision you could make. Of course, you chose to stay in contact with the three of them through texts and calls; however, it wasn't easy because every time you talked, you had to fight the urge to know about the doe-eyed girl.

Lisa, on the other hand, was having a mental conflict. She felt happy that you were back, but she felt this pang in her heart. There was this odd feeling in her heart that made her want to run to you. That night you talked — your eyes, smile, and soothing voice — she was starting to realize how she had missed you in her life. And that no one would ever be able to replace you in her heart.

Lisa wanted to run to you. She wanted to apologize to you, fall in your arms and cry till her tears dry down, do whatever it will take you to forgive her completely. However, what stopped her was the fact that she was engaged.

If she still loved you, how could she be engaged to someone else? The answer was simple. Lisa believed she had already lost her place in your heart. After multiple failed relationships following your disappearance, a fear started to grow in Lisa that she could end up alone. When she met Ye-rin, it was first all about sex. But before Lisa could even realize it, Ye-rin was all over her life. Their relationship was not perfect, but Lisa was willing to try, but now with you in the picture, she was unsure if she even wanted to try with someone else.

Two days after Rosè's birthday, you were dragged out of your office by Seo-jun and Jisoo. They needed your help with valentine's day. Both of them had different ideas for their girlfriends, and you were technically the only single friend available.

The three of you went to a mall to select gifts first, and the other two with you immediately regretted it because you were met by another couple there: Lisa and her girlfriend.

Ye-rin smiled, and Jisoo and Seo-jun, as usual, returned the smiles while Lisa's eyes were fixed on you. She knew no part of you wanted to be there, yet you smiled at them.

"Y/N– N?" Lisa's voice stuttered.

You gave her the most sincere smile you could give, as always.

"I didn't expect to see you here, Unnie." You replied.

"Who's this, Babe?" Ye-rin asked, clinging onto Lisa. Your gaze turned to their interlocked hands, and you quickly took them back, but Lisa noticed it.

"She's–" Lisa swallowed.

"I am an acquaintance." You filled.

"You must be busy, right? Why don't we get going?" Seo-jun asked, hoping to get you out of the awkward situation.

"Why don't we do the rest of the shopping together? The more, the merrier, right?" Ye-rin asked and looked at you three.

And that's how you found yourself shopping with your ex-girlfriend and her current girlfriend.

While Jisoo and Ye-rin walked through the dresses and Seo-jun occupied himself with the suits, you sat down on one of the plush couches near the fitting area. You phished out your phone and tried your best to take your mind off of the fact that you were a few feet away from your ex.

After a few minutes, you felt the space next to you sink, making you realize someone sat beside you, and the familiar scent of her Celine perfume told you who it was.

"You are not getting anything?" She asked, not looking at you.

"Ah, no. I am good." You looked at her briefly and returned your eyes to your phone. "What about you?" You asked, after a long pause between you two.