Chapter 9 - Met Again

*No One's POV*

"We have missed you, Girl," Jisoo said, hugging you.

"Me too, Unnie." You replied, pulling away. Before you could talk anymore, a shout from an angelic voice echoed in the room.

"Y/N/N!!!" Rosè rushed to you and hugged you.

"Happy birthday, Unnie." You said, handing her a small black velvet box.

"Aww! You didn't have to. I missed you so much." She said, tearing up a bit.

"You haven't changed at all, Unnie. And I missed you too." You hugged again.

All of you were engaged in a conversation, but your eyes roamed around the room full of people looking for a certain someone.

"Looking for someone, Y/N?" Seo-jun asked playfully, nudging you.

"Ah, um, she didn't come?" You asked in almost a whisper.

"She's not in Korea," Jisoo replied, and you nodded.

"But, is it– are you okay–" Rosè was about to ask you something, but Jisoo held her hand, which made her cut off.

"It's okay, Unnie. I know it can't be avoided."

You guys talked for a few more minutes before Jisoo and Rosè went to attend to other guests, and Jennie and Seo-jun went to the dance floor while you sat down at the bar counter.

"A virgin martini, please." You said to the bartender. The guy nodded and started making your drink.

"Not a fan of alcohol?" Someone voiced out beside you, and you turned to your right to see a young woman sitting two seats beside you. She was beautiful — you could give her that. She was wearing a royal blue dress with a high cut. She wore dark red lipstick, and she flashed you a smile.

"Not really." You said, nodding.

The bartender served you your order, and you looked away from the woman, taking a sip. You knew when she stood up, walked to you, and stood next to you — her back against the counter.

You knew what she was trying to do, but you had no plans whatsoever to entertain her.

"Katie." She said after a long pause.

You nodded again. "Y/N." You said with a smile that's always plastered on your face.

Your uninterest didn't go unnoticed by her, yet she wanted to keep trying. She found you interesting.

"Y/N, you are interesting." She said, taking a sip from her drink.

"I get called that a lot."

"What? Interesting?"

"No, Y/N." You said, making her laugh.

You guys got to talking, and she was actually good company.

"So, you seeing someone?" Katie asked, running her fingers through your hand placed above the counter.

"Ah, um, I am kind of in a situationship." You responded.

Meanwhile, the birthday girl was greeted by her best friend.

"Happy birthday, Chaeng-ah." The Thai girl squealed, hugging her best friend.

"Lis! I didn't know you were coming." Rosè asked, shocked.

"Weren't you in Thailand?" Jisoo added.

"Yeah, but I didn't want to miss my best friend's birthday. And hey, Ye-rin is with me." Lisa said, and as if on cue, her girlfriend appeared from behind.