Chapter 8 - Back

Seven Years Later...
Business Awards After Party, South Korea.

*Jennie's POV*

Seven years. It's been seven years since Y/N disappeared. Lisa was devastated. I thought we would lose our maknae, but luckily she pulled herself. It took a lot of time for her to completely get over everything that happened.

When we renewed our contract, we had leverage over many things, like dating. And over the years, the laws changed, and people are more accepting now. Jisoo Unnie and Cheang revealed their relationship two years ago, and the support has been overwhelming. We are very thankful to have such wonderful, supportive people as fans. Lisa also came out as bi shortly after, and it was hilarious to see most people saying they were not surprised. She dated a couple of people over the years — men, women, anyone who could get her mind off a certain someone, but it turned out it was better said than done. Finally, a year and a half ago, she met this girl, Son Ye-rin, in Paris during a Celine event. She was a designer, and they hit it off. Their relationship is quite serious, and they got engaged last month. She's happy, and I guess that's all that matters. Y/N will always be a part of her life that she can't forget. We have seen how much she wanted to ask for her forgiveness, but we never saw her again... until.

Maybe it's not late.

I am also dating someone now — he's one of the youngest CEOs in South Korea, and I met him because of my Mom. We met three years ago, and our relationship is going pretty well. He's super supportive and caring and sometimes reminds me of Y/N.

Coming back to Y/N, you might wonder why I am suddenly reminded of her after all these years. It's because I saw her again.

A few minutes ago...

I was here with my boyfriend, Lee Seo-jun, at the after-party of the Business Awards held in Seoul this year. I didn't go to the award function, but Seo-jun insisted that I join him for the after-party because he wanted to introduce me to his friend. He's a reserved and picky person, so it's actually surprising to know he has a friend.

He was pretty excited and kept glancing at the entrance for his friend. I felt like he was about to introduce me to a family member,  but he wasn't this stressed even then.

"Babe, you okay? You are sweating."

"Yeah! It's just that she's one of the few friends I have, so I really want you to like her."

Okay, he didn't tell me it was a her, but he looks cute.

"Her?"

"Oh yeah! But she's like a little sister to me."

"Hmmm! Alright. I will see."

"Oh, she's here. Y/N!" The moment the name left his mouth, I felt frozen. My back was facing the entrance, so I couldn't see who it was at first. I wanted to turn around, but I couldn't.

I saw a girl in a nicely tailored suit hugging him, and it was... her. She pulled out of the hug, and they both looked super excited to see each other.

"Y/N?" My voice came out lower than I expected.

Her face turned to me, and she looked shocked.

"Unnie?" She looked at me like she was seeing me for the first time.

"Hah! You must be surprised, right?" Seo-jun asked Y/N. He pulled me closer and put his hands over my shoulders. "She's a huge fan of you, Babe. So, I didn't tell her you were going to be here." He said, and I forced a smile. Y/N was just staring at us wordlessly.

"Um, Oppa. I will be back shortly." She said, slightly bowed and excused herself.

So, here I was, looking for her in a room full of people who smelled money. I couldn't even take a look at her. Why was she here? Was she in Korea the whole time? If not, then why is she here now? How does Seo-jun know her? I have all these questions in my mind to ask her, and finally, I found her by the balcony.