Chapter 7 - Goodbye

*No One's POV*

[Bold Italics are Lisa's Memories]

Dear Lisa,

It took me a lot of effort to write this. I never knew what I would write on the cards I gave you. Just like that, I didn't know what to write when I leave you as well.

I am sorry I didn't say anything when you left. I was scared that you might not try to stop me. Jungkook is a nice person. If you have fallen in love with him, then that makes him perfect. I am sure he deserves you more than I ever will.

I did notice changes in you, Lisa, but I couldn't accept them. I thought I would be able to see your love for me again in your eyes. But you didn't even notice the promise ring missing from your finger this morning. Do you hate me that much?

I am sorry for not being good enough for you, Lisa. I never knew. I never tried to think that way. I am sorry that I thought you were happy with me the way I was with you. I am sorry for annoying you. I am sorry for being a burden to you; to everyone. I am sorry for being blinded by my love for you. I am sorry for making you a cheater, Lisa.

Now that I will be leaving, everything will get better. I hope you will always take care of yourself, Lisa.

I will always love you! Goodbye.
Tell the girls I said sorry.

Lisa's eyes flooded with tears as she read the letter. She clenched the piece of paper to her heart. It was getting shattered into pieces. She screamed.

"NO!!!"

The girls watched her helplessly. They were mad at her for what she did, but they could tell that Lisa was genuinely sad now.

Lisa crashed into the chair near the counter and wailed. What you must have gone through as you wrote the letter tore her apart. The words that escaped her mouth last night, the same words that stabbed your heart, were now choking her. She felt breathless.

"Why are you crying now?" Jennie asked the Thai girl. Lisa looked at Jennie wordlessly. "It's your fault, Lisa. You are the one who caused this in the first place. Isn't this what you wanted as well? For her to disappear from your life so you could be with him." Jennie's words hit Lisa hard. Did she want you out of her life? She didn't have an honest answer for that. "Didn't you ask me what quality she had to love you? She loved you despite you hurting her again and again. Mark my words, Lisa, you will never find someone who could love you more than Y/N did." Jennie said and stormed out of the apartment.

Lisa didn't move. What all Jennie said was true. Lisa regretted it now. She regretted everything she did to hurt you.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung stood there, not knowing whether to comfort Lisa, follow Jennie, or look for you.

Meanwhile, Jennie, who rushed out of Lisa's apartment, fell to her knees in the corridor and cried. You were everything she could think of. She just wanted to know you were okay. She cared deeply about you, and so did you. The way you looked the previous night and how you cried was haunting her. She felt so angry at Lisa, but she was also someone Jennie cared about. Just about she thought she'd never forgive Lisa, her phone chimed, and a scheduled text from you popped up as if you were reading her mind.

Unnie, please don't blame Lisa for what happened. I want you to take care of her now that I won't be able to. You know how much of a baby she can be. She loves you and adores you so much, Unnie, so please forget everything and be happy together — as the four of you. I won't do anything stupid if that's what will get you worried. I promise you that. So, take care of yourself and others for me. Always be happy and never get hurt.