Chapter 5 - Hurt

*Third Person's POV*

"Did you... see?" Lisa asked as Jennie collected Lisa's phone and purse from the table near the couch.

Jennie sighed and nodded.

"Jennie... I-" Lisa was about to speak, but the older girl cut her off.

"Lisa, it's not me who deserves an explanation as to why you cheated," Jennie stated blankly.

"Cheat?" Lisa scoffed. "Why is it cheating?" She asked, and Jennie stared at the girl in disbelief. "Don't you think I deserve someone better than Y/N? Don't you think I deserve Jungkook?"

Jennie was offended and hurt. She turned back to see Y/N with her head hanging low.

"Lisa, do you even know what you are talking about?"

"I DO," Lisa shouted, making Y/N flinch. "Who's Y/N? She's just a no one... no one." Lisa was blabbering, but the words she spat pierced through the younger girl's heart. "Ask yourself, Jennie. What quality does she have to be in a relationship with me?" She scoffed again.

Jennie gritted her teeth. She so wanted to knock some sense into Lisa, but she held back, not wanting to create a scene and break Y/N even more.

"And... she's annoying. She's a burden." Lisa didn't stop. "Her mother must have foreseen it; that's why she left her."

"LISA," Jennie yelled.

Y/N clenched her fists and tried her best not to break down. She felt like her heart was being ripped out.

"I am telling the truth, Jennie. She's the one who made me cheat. She's the problem. She's the..." Her voice trailed off as she passed out on the couch.

Jennie swallowed the lump in her throat and turned to Y/N again. To her surprise, Y/N looked more collected and composed. Her eyes were red and puffy, but there were no tears as if they had dried down. She had a bitter smile plastered on her face.

She finally approached the Thai girl and made her sit up. She picked her up in bridal style.

Jennie was watching the girl in shock as she didn't expect this reaction from her.

"Unnie, can you get her things?" Y/N asked in a shallow voice. Her voice seemed soulless. Jennie flinched but nodded wordlessly.

Y/N laid Lisa in the backseat of Jennie's car and offered to drive. Jennie felt confused, but she agreed.

The ride was quiet. Y/N didn't utter a word. Her sole focus was on the road, and Jennie felt somewhat uncomfortable. She was constantly fidgeting her fingers, contemplating if she should initiate a conversation or not. Y/N was behaving oddly. She had a static expression on her face.

Jennie attempted to talk to Y/N a few times, but she had no idea what to say.

Without uttering a word, she pulled the car to the driveway of their building, picked Lisa, and took her to their apartment. Jennie closely followed behind. Y/N laid Lisa on the bed. The Thai girl was sound asleep. Y/N removed Lisa's shoes and jacket and pulled the blanket over her. She sat down next to Lisa and caressed her face. Lisa looked so peaceful and beautiful. Y/N constantly blinked to ease the sting in her eyes.

Jennie was watching everything without saying anything. She was starting to feel scared. Y/N looked determined to do something, and it didn't seem like she was being herself. Jennie was worried for the girl. She slowly approached the girl and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Y/N..."

Y/N turned her head and looked Jennie in the eyes. Her eyes were bloodshot, and her stare made Jennie feel chills.