Chapter 12 - Jealous

*Y/N's POV*

Monday morning, I was tired as fuck. Not because I was productive all weekend. I didn't even get up from bed. It's just that I haven't slept properly ever since that evening with Lisa. I have this urge to see her again, but for fuck's sake, she's engaged to someone else, and I am her past. I shouldn't mess up her life.

Susan had been calling me all weekend, but I told her I wasn't feeling very well. I do know that she came back to Korea because she fought with James, her husband. That's what she does every time they fight; come to me. But I didn't expect her to come this far. Something inside me is telling me that she came to call it quits. We did end our relationship way before I came back, but she needs me whenever she feels vulnerable, and she's not someone I can easily refuse.

Somehow, I dragged myself out of bed and took a cold shower. The water did the trick to awaken my brain, but I still felt tired. Maybe I should start trying sleeping pills again.

I made my way to my office with half willingness. Most of the employees I had were scared of me. Since the office here is new and the people don't know much about me, they are over-polite and afraid of me. All of them are over-conscious of their actions to not get on my wrong side. As I walked to my office, my secretary, Miss Lee, greeted me by the elevator. I am always picky about my secretaries, so I had Seo-jun Oppa select her for me because he and I have similar tastes in many things, and so far, I can give full marks for his selection.

"Good morning, Ms. Y/L/N."

"Morning. What do we have Today?" I asked as I walked out of the elevator with her trailing behind me.

"You have a meeting with the finance Team in the afternoon and dinner with the Secretary of Internal Affairs." She informed me, and I nodded.

"Very well."

"And the Director is waiting for you in the meeting room."

She said before I opened the door to my office. I turned around and looked at her questioningly.

"What?"

"She's meeting up with the headliners for our upcoming exhibition."

That's weird. It's my project, and she had never interfered before.

"Who chose the headliners?"

"The Director did." She looked scared.

"Why wasn't I informed?"

"I am sorry, Ms. Y/L/N. The Director said she would let you know personally, and the meeting was scheduled at the last minute."

I sighed.

"Please come to the conference room with the necessary documents," I informed her. She nodded and bowed as I walked to the conference room.

As soon as I opened the conference room, my eyes immediately scanned the four women sitting around Susan and landed on Lisa. Jennie Unnie and Lisa were seated to her right, while Jisoo Unnie and Chaeng Unnie were to her left. They looked like they were expecting me; of course, I am the fucking CEO.

What the fuck!

"You are here," Susan said in a sweet voice. Her voice always gets faint and sweet when she's happy. She got up and walked towards me. I was still standing by the door, and my eyes were fixed on Lisa. She looked beautiful.

Okay! Snap out of it, Y/L/N.

Susan linked our hands together and walked me towards the seat.

"What's going on here?" I asked as I sat down and pulled my hands away. I could feel Lisa stare at us the whole time. I looked over to Jennie Unnie and saw her giving me a questioning look. I shook my head, and thankfully she and the girls understood that Susan knew nothing about our acquaintanceship.