Welcome to Hoenn

Ash and Brock were speechless. The evidence against Don was overwhelmingly not on his side and it seemed like it could be no one else.

"Wow, that certainly is something," Brock said shockingly.

"It can't be anyone else, we must've found our guy," Ash seemed beyond confident.

"That is quite convincing, this does seem like something he would write too," Misty continued to push the evidence.

Suddenly, a creaky floorboard was heard by all ears in the room, and everyone looks at each other.

"Was that any of y'all?" Brock uttered concerningly.

"N-No..." Ash and Misty stammered.

The three slowly turned toward the door, taking their eyes off the folded piece of paper. When the three finally turned around, a slim, cloaked figure stood cluelessly at the door. All three let out a hollering wail that caught the slim figure off guard. The figure swiftly ran away from their view and Ash followed.

"Ash! Don't follow the figure! What if you get hurt!" Misty exclaimed.

"We got to catch up with that person, they definitely have an idea of this case," Brock got up and followed after Ash.

Ash and figure were in a chase, turning to one corner, to another. The figure was holding his chest tightly while trying to run away from Ash. No matter how fast the figure ran, Ash was beginning to gain speed and catch up with the figure. Finally, the figure attempted to turn around and fight back. The figure revealed their chest were a knife was brandished firmly in their hands. 

The figure took a swing at Ash and he countered it with a dodge and a firm punch to the chest. The figure got the breath knocked out of them and they dropped the knife on the ground, causing a loud thud throughout Cerulean Gym.

"Ash!" Misty yelled out at the feud between Ash and the figure.

The figure grew worried and threw down a smoke grenade. Smoke billowed the hallway and the trio was left coughing in the thick smoke. When the smoke disappeared, Ash looked up and saw no one in his sight, the figure was gone. Misty came running towards Ash and gave him a huge hug around the waist.

"Don't scare me like that Ash! You could've died!" Misty exclaimed.

"I'm fine Misty, glad you care that much though," Ash laughed.

"Look what they left on the ground," Brock pointed between Ash's feet, where a knife depressing lay.

"Look," Misty said, "Its already got a blood stain on it."

"Do you think that relates to Violet?" Brock questioned.

"Only one way to find out," Ash looked down and picked up the knife with his bare hands

"Wait! Put the knife back down!" Brock sternly screamed.

Ash freaked out and frantically dropped the knife back on the ground and looked up at Brock, "What's going on Brock, you seem uneasy."

"Don't tamper with evidence! Your fingerprints will stay on the weapon and you could be falsely accused," Brock explained.

"Oh, I understand," Ash replied.

Brock pulled out a Ziploc bag and gloves from his backpack and put on his gloves.

"You certainly came prepared," Misty said.

"I'm a detective now," Brock smiled, "I got to bring the necessary items and tools."

Brock put the knife in the Ziploc bag and put the knife in his backpack.