Reunited

The sun rose to greet Ash and Misty for a very exciting day. Ash woke up before Misty and shifted around to see Misty still asleep. Ash smiled as Misty laid by her side.

"I'll just let her sleep," Ash whispered to himself.

He snuck out of bed without making any noise and got ready in the bathroom. After finishing everything he needed to do, he sat on the edge of the bed and continued to let Misty sleep. Finally, Misty slowed woke up and began adjusting to her surroundings.

"Oh, good morning Ash. What time is it?"

"Ah, we have enough time to make it to the airplane, we're not in a rush," Ash shrugged.

"You didn't answer my question," Misty said impatiently.

"Wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Ash joked.

Misty rolled her eyes and stood up from the bed to check to clock. The clock read 7:00, which was more than enough time to get ready. Misty slowed walked towards the bathroom to get ready for the day while Ash walked towards the phone to call Brock.

Ash waited a minute until Brock picked up, "what's up Ash."

"Nothing much," Ash replied, "what's your plan on meeting at the airport?"

"Well, I've already packed, so I'm about ready to head that way," Brock explained.

"Good to know," Ash said, "Misty and I will be on our way in awhile."

"Great! I'll catch you there," Brock ended the call and Ash patiently waited for Misty to leave the bathroom.

Finally, after some time, Misty came out of the bathroom and plopped down on the couch beside Ash.

"You ready to get going?" Ask asked.

Misty quickly stood back up, "Of course I'm ready! Let's go!"

Misty grabbed all of her luggage and supplies and sat by the door.

Ash was caught off guard by Misty's readiness, "damn, you're energetic today."

Misty gave a little grin, "we can't be late now, can we?"

"No, no, no, you're right," Ash replied with a little laugh, "let me get everything."

Ash ran upstairs and grabbed his bags before looking around the room in case he was missing anything. He then ran back downstairs to be greeted by an eager Misty.

"Alright, I'm ready," Ash panted, "Let's head out."

Misty smiled and swung the door open, leaving Ash in the living room trying to process Misty's accelerated pace.

"Hey! Wait up!" Ash exclaimed as he ran in the direction of Viridian Forest where Misty was headed.

The journey to Cerulean City was a quick and painless one. It had been that way for a long time. Ash and Misty made the journey with ease and looked onward to see what was in store. The Cerulean City welcome sign greeted them as they approached the heart of the city. 

"Where do you think Brock and May could be?" Ash asked.

"I wouldn't be surprised if they were already at the airport," Misty joked.

Ash let out a laugh, "you're probably right. It's best we check it out."

Misty nodded and the two marched on towards the Cerulean City Airport which was just outside of the city's border. The two walked into the airport, expecting Brock and May to be sitting around, but they were no where to be seen. 

"I guess we're here early," Misty shrugged.

"Well, if that's the case, let's go and grab a bite!" Ash proclaimed, "I didn't get any breakfast."