Catching Up

Morning finally arrived, and Ash and Misty were still deep in their sleep. They probably could've slept until afternoon. However, the nurse burst through the door to explain to Ash the situation.

"Good morning Mr. Ketchum. I'm pleased to inform you that you should be out of here in no time. We just need you or your partner to fill in these papers."

Ash slowly turned to Misty with his puppy eyes as if asking her to fill to papers.

Misty sighed and grabbed the clipboard from the nurse and filled out everything she knew before asking Ash what everything else meant.

"I should be done," Misty showed Ash the paper to confirm and Ash nodded.

"Looks good to me."

"Alright, here you go ma'am," Misty handed the nurse the clipboard.

"Thanks. I'll be back in a couple of minutes," the nurse replied.

Ash and Misty watched the nurse leave and they were left in the room together.

"So how did you sleep?" Ash asked.

"I mean..." Misty shrugged, "it was alright considering I slept on a pretty rough couch. How about you?"

"Let me tell you," Ash laughed, "sleeping with an arm that is healing from a gunshot wound is not very comfortable."

"I would expect as much," Misty laughed back.

The two had a small conversation until the nurse finally returned to give the sign of approval.

"You're all set to leave," the nurse smiled while giving a thumbs up.

"Great!" Ash exclaimed.

Ash jumped out of bed and walked out of the room, leaving Misty there, caught off guard by Ash's ecstatic movement. Misty ran after Ash and caught up with him outside of the Viridian City Hospital.

"You're awfully excited for something how has been bedridden for two whole days," Misty grinned.

"It'll take time to getting use to this, but I think I can manage," Ash explained while staring at this shoulder cast.

"I think it looks awesome," Misty said, trying to somewhat cheer Ash up, "you look like a brave soldier with a battle scar."

"When you put that way it feels cool," Ash laughed, "what do we do now?"

"Brock and May are probably still around Cerulean City. We can see what they're up to," Misty explained.

"Sounds good," Ash smiled.

The two took the route to Cerulean City, mostly keeping to themselves with some small talk here and there. Misty kept peeking at Ash to see if he was still the same Ash she knew. She continued to noticed how Ash certainly looked bummed out with the shoulder cast, but tried to hide it.

"Is the cast getting to you?" Misty asked.

Ash tilted his head and looked at Misty, "what do you mean?"

It seems like you're already getting tired of the cast," Misty explained.

"It's not big deal," Ash assured Misty, "trust me."

Misty was about to object before deciding to drop the subject in fear of invading Ash's personal thoughts.

Time flew by and Ash and Misty had found themselves in the heart of Cerulean City. Their eyes scanned the buildings and scenery, trying to see if Brock and May were outside.

"Brock and May have got to be here somewhere," Misty reassured herself.

Ash stared deeply into the window of a cafe until he noticed someone who looked familiar.