The Search For Don

May has become a new member in the group and her help was desperately needed. Ash, Misty, nor Brock knew anything about the Hoenn Region and May was a tour guide for the three.

"Let me show you around the Hoenn Region. If we want to start heading to Oldale Town, I recommend we start going on," May suggested.

"If that's the case, let's get going!" Ash exclaimed.

The now quartet began walking to the exit to Rustboro City.

"So, why are y'all looking for a murderer locating in Hoenn, when y'all are from the Kanto Region?" May asked.

"That's a pretty good question, you see, we're hired as detectives for the CCPD (Cerulean City Police Department) to investigate the murder of one of the Cerulean Gym leaders. Don McCullough is the main suspect and we found out he lives in the Hoenn Region," Brock explained.

"I'm the sister of Violet, the gym leader who got murdered," Misty claimed, "and I'm not resting until justice is served.'

"Wow," May didn't know what to say, "I'm so very sorry for you. Nobody deserves to go through that pain."

"I appreciate the condolences, I'm glad some people care and want to help," Misty said.

"Don't worry...um, I never got y'all's names," May realized.

"Oh, our fault, my name is Ash,"

"My name is Misty"

"And mine, Brock"

"Great! I feel a strong relationship between all of us," May confidently said.

"I do too," Ash smiled, "we can make a couple of friends on this investigation, no harm."

The quartet walked passed the 'Welcome to Rustboro City' and found themselves walking towards Petalburg City. May lead the way through the path as Ash, Misty, and Brock looked around at the scenery. It looked nothing like Kanto. The environment was fresh and new to them and the three were overwhelmed.

"Up ahead is Petalburg Woods, it's quite a lengthy forest, so our expedition should take come time," May stated.

Misty froze in fear at the words 'forest'. She tensed up before asking May, "So, is it kinda like every other forest... with bug types and stuff?"

"Well obviously, can't be a forest without bug Pokémon," May looked confused at the obvious question.

Misty whimpered and began to pout, "Is there a way we can avoid the place?"

"Of course not, it's a forest, is something wrong?" May was beyond confused.

"Misty has a terrible fear of bug type Pokémon. Don't ask me about it," Ash laughed.

"I see, I don't know what to say Misty, you just have to conquer your fear, I guess," May said.

"I can't do that!" Misty exclaimed, "It's not curable."

"Alright then," May laughed.

The four continued to walk, step-by-step, indicating they were getting closer and closer to Oldale Town. Finally, they found themselves outside Petalburg Woods. Misty continued the whimper and her face turned pale at the thick, green trees and what was hiding inside them. Ash noticed the pouting held out his hand for Misty.

"Grab my hand, It'll be just like that time at Viridian Forest," Ash told Misty.

"Ok, thank you," Misty firmly grasped Ash's hand walked closely behind his back.

May and Brock continued to lead the way through the forest and May began to ask questions about the crime, out of curiosity, "so, how's the case going right now?"