Assassin

The Cerulean City Festival was a smashing success for both Ash and Misty. The festival was over and Ash and Misty decided to stay in Cerulean City for the night. The only good option was May's hotel room and May gladly gave them permission to stay for the night.

The morning arrived and Ash and Misty continued on their way.

"Thank you for letting us stay around," Ash politely said.

"Anytime," May smiled, "I'd love to see you two visit every once in a while."

"Before we go," Misty interrupted, "I need to ask a question."

May turned her head towards Misty, "what's up."

Misty went on, "do you know if Don McCullough is still around Cerulean City? I haven't seen him since he told us that he was staying here."

May's tone switched jolly to serious, "I actually don't know. I'm almost certain he's in this hotel, but he probably hasn't been out since he checked in."

"Hopefully he's trying to help out in the case," Ash jumped in.

The three said their goodbyes and Ash and Misty walked out the door and into the heart of Cerulean City. Decorations from the festival were still around, but mostly everything was being torn down.

"They certainly aren't wasting time taking these decorations down," Ash examined.

"Yea, the citizens usually get to work pretty quickly on cleaning up the place, " Misty replied.

Ash turned to Misty, "Do you want to do anything while we are here?"

Misty turned to Ash, "like what?"

"Maybe we should check in on Officer Jenny and see what she is doing," Ash responded.

"That's a good idea, let's me going," Misty smiled and took a head start before Ash.

The two ran to the police office and walked through the doors to be greeted by Officer Jenny at her desk, clicking away at her computer.

She turned to Ash and Misty and gave them a good greeting, "well, good morning you two, I'm glad y'all decided to stop by today. I actually have some great news to give you two."

"Really?" Ash raised an eyebrow, "what do you have?"

"I had a group of officers from this station examine the Cerulean City Gym and they found an interesting discovery," Officer Jenny explained.

"What did you find?" Misty asked.

"Someone at the station found Violet's diary sitting in the locker room. Unfortunately, the diary needs a key to unlock it, but we believe this piece of evidence could help us understand what happened in the upcoming days before the murder," Officer Jenny stated.

This is fantastic!" Ash exclaimed l, "we'll gladly take this back to our house and take great care of it."

"I hope you can," Officer Jenny smiled, "we'll keep you informed on anymore details about the key or something like that."

"Sounds good," Misty replied.

And just like that, Ash and Misty found some incredibly important information that could completely turn the case upside down. They left the police station and got ready to head back to their house.

"When do you think that key will be found?" Ash asked examining the book.

"I would assume it's somewhere in the gym, but that's just an assumption," Misty shrugged.

The two continued their walk. They roamed around through the many areas they have already visited before. The whole investigation had certainly taken a toll of Ash and Misty, but as evidence began to appear in front of them, the easier life was beginning to feel. The festival was also a great stress reliever and it helped Ash and Misty to understand each other more. Finally, the two arrived back at the house and Ash jumped in the couch, wondering what to do.