The Funeral

Today was Violet's funeral and Misty was extremely worried. She couldn't explain why she was scared but she just never expected or anticipated this day. Misty could hear Ash getting up and using the restroom; it seemed like Ash was waking up earlier because Misty was taking advantage of waking up early. After Ash got out of the shower and dressed up, Misty walked out and saw Ash decorated in his suit and Misty was shocked.

"That suit looks wonderful," Misty gasped.

"I appreciate it," Ash smiled, "It's your sister's funeral after all, I gotta look respectable."

Misty smiled and walked into the restroom. Ash went downstairs and looked at the mirror; he realized he looked much more urbane than he thought. He never really dressed like this on occasion and he wanted to make Misty happy. After some time, Misty walked out of the restroom and put on her dress. She walked downstairs and Ash was also shocked by her dress; she looked wonderful. Her dress was a conservative black dress that looked deferential enough. 

Ash hung his moth open, "Wow, I'll say to same to you, that dress is outstanding."

"I'm glad we both like each other's outfits," Misty blushed while smiling.

"Did Daisy tell you when the funeral was?" Ash asked.

"She said around 1:00 PM, but we should probably head out earlier," Misty said.

"Makes sense, what time do you suggest we go?" Ash questioned.

"Well," Misty thought about the question, "We have to set up the funeral, so it's best we go in a couple of minutes."

Ash looked at the clock in the living room, "It's 9:00 AM, that seems very early."

"We're setting up a funeral Ash," Misty said sternly, "It's going to take long."

Ash immediately regretted what he said, "My bad, I guess I've never arranged a funeral."

"I haven't either but it's common knowledge," Misty looked a little frustrated.

"You're right, we can go earlier if you want," Ash said.

Ash was attempting to gain Misty's trust by trying not to argue back. It was definitely for the better if there wasn't any drama only her sister's funeral and Ash didn't want to light a fuse.

"It's fine, we'll go at 9:15 AM if that's alright," Misty said, a little more calmed down.

"Great," Ash instantly replied.

The two awkwardly waited in the living room, staring into the clock; there was a ticking sound every second the the two sat there. The only sound in the room was the ticking and both of them wanted to change that, but how do you start a conversation in this situation? Anything Ash or Misty said will most likely leave a bad taste in each other's mouth. Ash finally stood up and after seeing what he assumed looked like 9:15 AM on the wall clock, he reached his hand out to help Misty up. Misty stalled for a second before firmly grabbing his hand and quickly being pulled up. 

"Let's get going," Ash said softly.

"OK," Misty responded.

The two walked out and began their way to Cerulean City. At this point, the adventure from Pallet Town to Cerulean City felt like a normal walk despite taking quite some time if someone was to walk. The two knew every turn and shortcut to make and the trip would only take about thirty minutes. The two walked through Viridian City, Viridian Forest, Pewter City, and Mt. Moon, until they finally arrived in Cerulean City. They thought about stopping at the Pewter City Gym to pick up Brock on the way, but they just passed by excepting to see him at funeral later on. The streets in Cerulean City were somewhat empty; most people knew about Violet's murder and the streets were excepted to be cleared to pass through the city. As Misty scanned Cerulean City, she finally noticed Daisy and Lilly setting everything up. Ash and Misty ran up and greeted the two Sensational Sisters.