4. Apology

Even though I'm a kook, I always had friends from both sides. 

I tried as much as I could to stop the fighting but some things can't be fixed.

"I hope you guys haven't been in too much trouble over the years..." I ask, staring especially at a blonde haired pogue who in return, rolls his eyes playfully.

"Not more than what we're usually in" Kie laughs. 

Sarah and Kie haven't liked each other since the 10th grade which was when I was away. We were all friends at one point, but a falling out occurred that not one of them would tell me about. Of course both of them wanted me on their side but I didn't want to choose between my two best friends. I don't even know how I managed to maintain both friendships but I'm not complaining.

I became friends with John b, JJ, and Pope through Kie. Back in the old days, we didn't hangout much but I definitely helped them out as much as I could whether it was a place to crash, money, or lending my spot for a party.

As I turn towards John B, I felt bad for his situation. "Hey...I heard about what happened to your father. Are you doing okay?".

John B's father disappeared at sea over 9 months ago and ever since then, he hasn't been the same. Kiara tells me he stays in the chateau and drinks most of the time. He even refused to sign the papers that presumed his father was dead.

I guess he still has hope that his father is somewhere out there.

"I'm okay" John B gives me a forced smile. "Mrs. Jefferson is a problem though. She's been trying to get me into foster care. It's a good thing Agatha hit cause cps was meant to come today".

I laugh. "Wow. You're grateful for a storm that destroyed almost everything?".

"I mean she did provide a decent surge for surfing last night" JJ adds.

"You guys surfed the surge?!" I shout, shocked at their stupidity.

"Not me" Kiara says. "I warned these idiots but you really can't stop them".

I sigh. "This is exactly the opposite of what I mean by not getting into trouble".

"Yeah well you gotta make the best out of every situation" JJ responds.

"True that" John B adds, clashing his beer can with JJ's as they chug the contents.

"I'm glad at least you guys are happy about the storm last night. There's no service or power in the cut and I am dying for the internet" Pope groans.

"Y/n how does it feel to have back up generators? You know. Since you live on figure eight" JJ teases.

I roll my eyes playfully. "If you ever want to take advantage of it, all you need to do is ask".

"Thank you for the offer y/n, but your father is scary" John B claims.

"No he isn't" I laugh.

I catchup with the pogues some more and they invite me to surf tomorrow afternoon so I agree. I notice in the corner of my eye that from a distance, Sarah is staring at me. She was clearly annoyed.

"Sorry guys but I have to go" I apologize. "See you guys tomorrow?"

"Will do" Kiara responds, saluting to me as I walk away. 

I giggle at her gesture.

Once I arrive in front of Sarah, I could tell she was pissed off.

"Here's your drink, not too strong since you get drunk too easily" she says, shoving a red plastic cup towards me. I could tell she was slightly annoyed by the conversation I had with Kie and the boys.