31. Goodbye John b

When John b explained that Rafe killed Sheriff Peterkin at the tarmac, i was sick to my stomach. I couldn't help but think that everything that we had done together was a mistake. I shouldn't have gotten involved with the kook. Now i have feelings that can get in the way with helping the pogues.

The next morning, we tried getting John b out of outerbanks through the ferry but it was closed off. It led to his cover being blown and he had to seperate from us while we divised a new plan to get John b off the island.

We decided that tomorrow, JJ, Kie, and i would help get the Phantom from JJ's dad while Pope got the gas for the trip. We also have to stop by The Wreck to stock up on food for John b to live off as he tries to get to Yucatan.

But for now, we had to lay low and away from the police. The chateau would be swarming with cop cars so the pogues stayed at the wreck. Unfortunately, i left my car at the chateau so once it got dark, i walked home.

As i walked through figure eight, the sound of people crowded around a house grabbed my attention. Flashing red and blue lights as well as the sounds of sirens set me on edge. It was Kelce's house...

I neared the house, noticing police cars parked outside of every possible exit point of the home. Shoupe was outside, divising a plan with the other officers.

Turning around to someone beside me, i asked them what was going on.

"John b is in there! They're going to get him!" the girl tells me.

I panic. "W-what?".

That's when i heard his voice.

"Shoot him down Shoupe!".

The crowd cheered at his remark.

My eyes meet Rafe's as he stares at me blankly. I no longer had feelings for the boy. I didn't pity him nor did i want to be with his psychotic ass. The little girl who once was obsessed and head over heels for the kook is gone. I'm done giving him a chance.

Our stare was cut short once we heard Shoupe swing open the front door and stormed the house, a gun in his hand. I need to help John b.

I pushed aside a few people and got to the front of the house. Trying to sneak inside but an officer stops me before i could get anywhere close. He pushes me away from the door as i struggle to pass through.

Once Shoupe came back outside, a small part of me relaxed. John b probably escaped.

I dissapear into the crowd and walk around aimlessly trying to find the pogue but he was long gone. I watch as Rafe gathers a group of kooks to help search for John b. They held crowbars and bats.

I had to get to him before Rafe and his goons so i go the opposite way to the kooks. Walking around on the pavement, i notice Sarah riding on her bike towards the broken down church not far down the road. What was more confusing was the fact that Topper noticed as well and he began to follow her.

I thought Sarah was on the plane. I mean, we did see the plane fly off so i thought she was in the Bahamas.

"Y/n" a voice calls out. I turn around to meet a familiar pair of blue eyes. My furrowed brows were replaced with irritation as the anger that momentarily subsided had come back.

"What?" I spit, crossing my arms at both the frustration and the fact that it was pretty cold outside.

The kook steps closer to me and i back away. "Don't fucking come near me Rafe! I know what you did okay!".

"I didn't do shit y/n" he claims. I noticed that Kelce was with him. He had a confused expression, looking between us two and probably wondering what i was on about.