9. Ouch

I sit in the living room, staring at the awfully boring wall. Sarah was asleep and I have no one to talk to. 

I was about to get my phone out when Wheezie appears infront of me.

I smile, standing up to hug the girl, pulling her close to my chest as she wraps her arms around my waist.

"I missed you y/n" she says, sinking into me.

"You've grown so much shorty" I giggle.

Since Sarah and I were inseparable, I saw Wheezie around the house often. I would sometimes help her study or listen to her explain the latest gossip. It was nice to see her again after not speaking for so long.

"Missed you too" Wheezie releases her grasp on me and smiles. "Why do you look so bored?".

"Sarah is sleeping and I don't know what to do with myself" I admit.

"Come with me to my room!" She offers. "We can catch up".

I nod and we walk upstairs towards her room. 

Wheezie's room was in the middle of Sarah's and Rafe's. When I enter, I was immediately in awe of the familiar bedroom. I guess she never changes.

"I will always love your room Wheezie". I admire each and every piece of art, decoration, and furniture.

Wheezie chuckles. "Thanks. I actually want to stick this poster on the wall. Could you help?" She asks.

"Sure! Where do you want it?". It was a poster with a quote in the center. 'Stop stressing over shitty people'. 

Wow. 

That was way too personal...

Wheezie pushes the paper flat against the wall and I watch as she struggles to get the poster straight. Once she did, she noticed that it was way too big to fit where she wanted.

"Do you need something?" I ask, seeing as how she was searching for something. 

Wheezie turns her head towards me. "Yeah. Can you get my pencil case? I need to cut some parts off".

I nod at her request and begin searching her desk for the pencil case. "It's not here Wheezie" I say, struggling to find it.

"Oh! I forgot. Rafe took it. Could you get it from him?" She asks innocently, holding the poster against the wall.

"Um...sure" I reply, exiting Wheezie's room and walking towards her brother's. I take a deep breathe, settling my rapidly beating heart. I knock a few times, waiting for a certain dirty blonde to open the door. 

But he never did. 

Was he ignoring me? 

Wait. 

How would he even know it's me?

I twist the doorknob and open the door to his room. I was immediately met with the sound of the water running. 

Rafe was showering. 

Explains why he didn't answer.

I decide that It was best if I just go through his room and get out before he could see me. I begin my search for the pencil case with the most obvious place. The desk. I checked every draw and yet...

It wasn't there.

Where else could it be? 

I sigh in frustration, mindlessly looking around for the pencil case but it was no where to be seen. I look over to the chest of drawers and open the first drawer, only to be met with boxers.

At the same time, I hear the door to the bathroom opening, causing me to snap my head in the direction. My eyes met a wet, messy haired Rafe with a towel wrapped around his waist. His was chest bare, showing off his effortlessly toned abs.

Shit. 

Why the fuck did I look through this drawer?

I grew red at how incriminating I looked and quickly shut the drawer which only got Rafe's attention. 

Fuck. 

He looks at me then at my hand that quickly lets go of the knob.

"What the fuck are you doing?" He spits bitterly. His eyebrows furrow and I felt as if I couldn't move. Like his stare kept me frozen in place.

I focused on the water that dropped onto his bare chest, sliding between the carvings of his abs.

God they looked good. 

My thoughts were interrupted by a snap from Rafe.

"Hello? Answer me damn it. What the fuck are you doing" he repeats. 

Rafe was now standing infront of me.

"I-it's not what it looks like I swear" I plead.

"Oh yeah? Then why are you going through my clothes?" He questions, not believing a word I say.

"W-Wheezie wanted her pencil case. S-she asked me to get it from your room" I stutter.

This is so pathetic.

Rafe stares blankly at me, his jaw clenched. He backs away towards his desk, opening the drawer under it. He digs through a few supplies and pulls out the pink pencil case in question.

"You thought to look through my fucking boxers instead of the desk?" He scoffs. "Un fucking believable".

This was bullshit. 

I swear I didn't see it. 

But I knew better than to argue with Rafe so I decided to just keep my head down when I hear him walking towards me. He extends his arm, the pencil case in his hand. I take the pink fabric make my way towards the door with shame.

As I twist the doorknob, Rafe's body leans against the door and keep it shut. I look up confused while Rafe stares at me with his arm crossed.

"Get over whatever shit you have. It's getting annoying as fuck" he growls.

My lips tremble slightly as I speak. "Already have...".

My defiance earns a chuckle from Rafe. He stops leaning on the door and walks towards the drawers.

"You want to watch me changed as well or..." and with that, I left feeling extremely humiliated by what happened.

I take a moment to close my eyes and calm myself down.

It wasn't THAT bad

...right?

When I walk into Wheezie's room, she was sitting on the floor. "What took you so long" she questions.

"N-nothing. Rafe couldn't find your pencil case. That's all" I reassure her. Wheezie nods and I throw the case to her. She takes out a pair of scissors and starts to cut the sides of her poster.

I sit beside her. Thinking back to what the dirty blonde had said. 

He thinks I'm annoying.

Ouch.

I went through the 5 stages of grief before I came to a conclusion.

I'm going to move on.

I have to.