35. Boom

I sit up and turn to look at the window. My heart was racing and my hands shook violently. But somehow, the sight of who it was made my nervousness fade away immediately.

Rafe?

I hesitantly get out of my sheets and unlock the window, sliding the frame up. Rafe climbs in, brushing himself off. He was still wearing the same clothes. The bloodstained jacket reminding me of what happened.

"What the fuck Rafe" i spit, staring at the kook who was pacing back and forth in my room.

"I-i really need someone right now y/n" Rafe admits. His ocean eyes glossy and his breathing shaky.

"Well it's not me" i utter. That came out harsher than i expected. Maybe it should be that way.

Rafe looks up to me. "Please..." he begs, walking towards me and i step back.

"You need to go...".

As much as i wanted to help him, i couldn't. It wasn't right and i would regret it later.

Rafe lets out a stream of tears, getting on his knees infront of me. He buries his face in the palm of his hands.

"I-i fucked up okay! I-i know but please y/n. Please dont push me away!" Rafe stutters.

His whimpers were enough to make me feel guilty.

Why do you do this to me.

I can never say no.

I lower myself infront of Rafe, wrapping my arms around my his neck and pull him towards me. Rafe's hands fall from his face to my waist, pulling me closer. He buries his head into my chest and sobs as i draw circles on his back.

"Come on..." i say, getting up from the floor and moving to my bed. I get under the covers and he does the same. Rafe lays his head on my chest, his body ontop of mine.

As he cries into my chest, soaking my jumper with his hot tears, i kiss his forehead to calm him down. My hand rubs his back, comforting the boy until his sobs turn into soft sniffles.

"E-everything i did was for him" Rafe speaks. "F-for my dad...".

"Hey, it's okay" i reassure.

Rafe's grasp around my waist gets tighter."I j-just want him to be proud. I just w-want him to k-know that... i can t-take care of t-things."

"I s-saved him..." he mutters and i nod my head. "I saved him".

"I know" i hush. "It's okay".

"Please tell Sarah-" he chokes. "That i'm sorry. I was just- really angry...".

"I will, don't worry" i reply.

"F-fuck. I need to man up..." Rafe mutters.

Who told him that...

Ward?

I shake my head at his words. "Rafe. It's okay to let it out. You're hurting and it's okay".

Rafe nods his head in my chest and i my hands run through his hair. I watch as he falls asleep in my arms. My fingers wipe the tears from his eyes, admiring how calm yet hurt he looked. It wasn't long before i also feel asleep.

 It wasn't long before i also feel asleep