32. Clear his name

(SEASON 1 IS DONE!!! This is season 2 now <3)

(P.S sorry to the og girlies who have already read the chapters before this but i'm adding pics of rafe wherever relevant because who doesn't want to stare at drew)

Finding out John b and Sarah didn't make it in the storm and that they died was heartbreaking. We all broke down crying when we were told the news. JJ was especially angry. He blamed the cops for driving them into the storm and that Shoupe knows he was innocent.

Kiara went over to hug her parents and Pope did the same. Once i saw my parents, i ran over to them, burying myself deep into their chest as they wrapped their arms around me and kept me warm.

It wasn't long before we were all released and headed home.

The next morning, we all met outside of the chateau infront of the large oak tree that grew behind John b's house. JJ carved a heart on the tree and burned John b's name in the center. He also burned P4L underneath.

Kie had the idea of burying a box of his stuff in the dirt beneath the tree so we collected some items from the house and placed it under the tree before decorating the soil with flowers

The next few weeks were tough for all of us. We all wanted space to take everything in so we seperated for a while. I mourned for Sarah and attended her funeral at the Cameron's. To say that i was a crying mess was an understatement. I loved Sarah and to imagine that she wouldn't be around anymore broke my heart.

I comforted Wheezie but kept my distance from both Ward and Rafe. I knew the truth and it hurt.

A week later, the town held Sheriff Peterkin's funeral. Every kook in town attended and they fired guns in the air as a sign of respect. She was truely an honorable woman.

I looked over to Rafe during the funeral and noticed how he didn't feel bad but instead looked like he wanted to leave. Ward probably forced him to come and i think Shoupe has his suspicions as well.

 Ward probably forced him to come and i think Shoupe has his suspicions as well

This summer turned depressing so quickly. Kiara became pretty closed off. She started smoking weed and getting high more. Pope was just as closed off but he found comfort in books and studying since he lost his scholarship. And JJ coped by tattooing himself a P4L tattoo on his leg. His also got a job as a waiter at the Island Inn which was crawling with kooks. I dont know how his anger issues would cope but atleast he was making decent money.