28. Pancakes, burgers, and milkshakes

We were entangled in eachother. His hands on my bare hips, rubbing soothing circles on the soft skin whilst my fingers traced his sculpted abs.

After the makeout session, Rafe carried me up to my room and placed me on the bed. I think it's obvious what happens next...

So here we are. Cuddling in my bed and staring into eachothers eyes. I loved the way he made me feel. But at the same time, i didn't want this to only be about making out and having sex. I really wanted to get to know the kook.

Our past interactions have been quiet and we don't talk. It made me self conscious and as if i've been used. Unfortunately, i'm too shy to admit that i wanted to get to know Rafe so i let it go...

"What are you think about?" Rafe questions, interrupting my thoughts as i snap out of them.

"N-nothing" i stutter, staring into his mesmerising eyes.

There was a long pause. Rafe's hands had stop moving around my hips and he was looking at me. I always feel really nervous under his gaze and i can never seem to keep eye contact for long.

"When will your parents be back?" He speaks.

"In another 2 days..." i reply, my hands dropping from his chest.

Rafe nods, continuing his circles on my skin. This was awkward.

"Whats your favourite food?" I blurt out. It was kinda weird to ask and totally irrelevant but it was 7pm and all i wanted to do right now is get some food.

Rafe stares at me in confusion, his head tilted and eyebrows furrowed.

"Sorry..." i apologise, lowering my head.

"Burgers" Rafe replies. I look up at him, my eyes glistening with hope. "What about you?".

You. Rafe. You.

But i couldn't actually say that.

I had to think about it. I loved everything but there was always one thing i craved more than anything.

"Pancakes" i smile. The thought of a fluffy hot pancake drizzled with sweet maple syrup and whipped cream made my stomach growl.

Rafe chuckles, his hot breath brushing against my face. It sent shivers down my spine. "I would've guessed that" he says.

"Really? How?" I ponder.

"The morning after the party at Toppers. You ate all of Kelce's pancakes" Rafe reminds.

My mouth lets out an oh as i nod my head, remembering that day.

The room fell silent again. I didn't really know what else to say but i had to keep the questions going.

"What's your favourite colour?".

Rafe smiles. "Are you trying to get to know me princess?".

My whole face turns red as i continue to fidget with my hands.

"It's red" he replies. Explains why his motorcycle is red.

I look up at the boy, anxiety leaving my body.

"Mines blue..." i continue.

"Why?" He questions.

"Well..." i begin.

Rafe's hands move to my waist, pulling me closer to his chest.

"It reminds me of the ocean". The ocean was truely my comfort place.

"And the sky" i mention.

And your eyes...

Rafe nods at my answer and could feel my stomach rumble harder. It was enough for Rafe to notice.