6. The aftermath

When I woke up, I groaned at the massive hangover I had. My head ached, I could smell the alcohol in my breath, and my body felt drugged.

Looking around, I noticed that I was tucked into my bed and I was wearing one of my t-shirts and some shorts. 

I don't even remember getting home...

I forced myself to stand up, using the walls to stabilize my body before leaving my room and heading downstairs.

"Good morning sweetie" Mum greeted. She is standing in the kitchen cooking breakfast.

"Morning..." I reply, trying to get my mind straight. I'm barely able to stand on my own so I flop onto the couch, closing my eyes.

"You must have a headache. I'll make you some soup ok?" She suggests, concerned about my state.

"Mhm" I nod, not being able to concentrate. "I don't even know how I got back".

"Really? I didn't notice you come back at all..." she replies in curiosity. 

Now I'm really confused. 

Who took me home?

I sit up, heading upstairs to my room and looking over at my phone which was placed on the bedside table. I notice the multiple messages and missed calls sent by Sarah.

"Are you home?"

"Hello?"

"Please tell me you got home safe"

"Why aren't you replying?"

I smile and begin typing...

"I have a hangover. Tell me about your time with Topper later".

"I was actually worried..." she texts before I get an incoming call from the blonde.

I answer. "Hey".

"Hey...who brought you home?" She asks

I stop to think about whether or not I should tell her the truth. I just don't want her to get worried.

"JJ. Had a good time with him" I lie.

"I bet you did..." she playfully suggests.

"Ok stop not in that way" .

"Of course it isn't" she agrees sarcastically, hearing her laugh on the other side. 

I roll my eyes.

"I'm going to take a nap. I've got to go surfing with Kiara and the boys later" I say.

"Oh. Well Topper and the others will be at the country club later. Come over after" she invites.

"Maybe. We'll be surfing there anyways. We'll see."

"Okay then y/n. Snooze in while I spend time with Topper."

"Really? But I bet you're sore after last night" I tease.

"Y/n what the f-".

Before I could hear her curse me out, I hang up and can't help but smile to myself.

I know that Sarah and Topper haven't actually had sex, otherwise she would have told me that she has lost her virginity by now. I just love to make her feel embarrassed at the thought of it. She always gets flustered and shy at the topic.

It wasn't long before I fell asleep after I made sure to set my alarm for 12.