Part 27

Thank you all for your wishes. Yes, now my daughter and husband are doing much better.

_______________________________________________________

"Now Payalji, for how long you know Shyam? And let me tell you before hand Nancy may look soft but she is not and you are seeing me last one to two hours so think before you answer and DON'T LIE," said ACP.

Payal don't know what to answer him, she was feeling very uncomfortable for the very first question itself because if she lie then ACP will not leave her and if she says truth then Anjali and her Maaji will grill her, and for the very first time Payal is facing these in the front lines and thought why did she agree to her buaji and Amma for covering Shyam's lie instead of supporting Khushi, who want to reveal the truth, and where are her maternal family when she needs the most, who are not even lifting her phone from the next day of Khushi's confrontation with her family.

Instead of lying its better to tell the truth because ACP doesn't look like a person who gives empty threats and she saw first hand how he is humiliating Dadiji, Anjaliji, Maaji and Papaji and elders always say to cover one lie, one has to tell many lies and Payal thought that can she cover it and the answer is a straight NO because whenever Khushi was questioned Payal even though she could answer and defend Khushi, she remained silent and let Khushi take charge and if someone has to blame then it goes to Khushi and if someone has to praise then her buaji always give credit to her saying that because of her influence Khushi did something good, however she was always in the good books and always had been in the side-lines, but now she is in the frontline being questioned and Khushi is sitting beside her husband nonchalant.

Payal thought that will Khushi support her and answer ACP instead of her or to blame Khushi for every thing that has happened but one glance at Arnavji can she do that, why don't she try and thought to blame Khushi as well as say the truth.

"Sir, we.. I mean I know Shyam from last 7 to 8 months...."

ACP interrupted her and asked "that is before or after meeting your in-laws?"

"Be..bef..before meeting my in-laws."

"Oh! So how do you know him and tell me from the start and I hate stuttering be careful while speaking," said ACP.

"On the next day of Arnavji' s fashion show in Lucknow, my parents and Khushi went to market to settle my broken marriage payments, few roadside thugs started misbehaving with Khushi and my father tried to fight back but due to old age he couldn't then Shyamji, out of nowhere, came there like a god and saved my sister and parents that's how we came to know about Shyam...." Said Payal and was interrupted by ACP who said.

"I reality feel pity and disgusted by these two women Anjali and now you Payalji, who are referring to a CRIMINAL AS A GOD. Shame on you. Now next..." said ACP

Payal with teary eyed said "When they came home after the humiliation my buaji, me and Khushi shifted to Delhi for safety purpose."

"Whose safety." Asked ACP.

"Khushi's and I's safety, (but one look from ACP), mainly my safety because my marriage was broken just a day before that so buaji said its better to take me to Delhi with her so I can be free from the verbal abuse from the neighbours and it was my babuji who suggested to take Khushi along so she will also be free and after few exchange of words buaji finally agreed.

After coming to Delhi, we... Khushi and I met Shyam in the market near Lakshmi nagar where he introduced himself as a bachelor and also a lawyer, who is works for poor people's justice, Since buaji's PF is not released we asked Shyam to take up the case, which he happily obliged.