Childish 🧚🏻‍♀️

Summary: Chris has a habit of sucking on his thumb and chewing on random things.

Thank you bmpowell2 for the request <333
---------------------------------------------------------

Chris's POV

As the youngest of the Sturniolo triplets, I'm used to being the silly one. Nick is the loud one, always the first to speak up and never likes to be wrong. Matt is the shy one, still struggling to find his voice even though we're almost twenty but he can have quite the attitude when we are alone. And then there's me, I'm extremely hyperactive and I get very excited easily and hate that.

But there's something else about me that sets me apart from my brothers. Something that makes me feel like a little kid even though I'm an adult.

I still suck my thumb.

I know it's gross. I know it's something little kids do, and I know it's childish. But it's a habit I can't seem to break. And it's not just my thumb - I chew on things too. Pens, pencils, the end of my hoodie strings. Anything I can get my hands on.

Nick and Matt have tried to get me to stop before. They've gently suggested I try using a fidget toy instead, or chew on a piece of gum. But every time they mention it, I get upset.

"Don't touch me!" I'll say whenever they try to take my thumb it hoodie string from out of my mouth, my voice rising. "I can't help it!"

I'm not sure why I react so strongly. Maybe it's because I know they're right, and I feel ashamed of myself for still acting like a little kid. Maybe it's because I feel like they're trying to take away a part of me that I'm not ready to let go of.

Or maybe it's just because I'm scared.

It's not like I've never tried to stop before. Every time I catch myself sucking my thumb or chewing on something, I feel a hot flush of embarrassment. I try to stop myself, but it's like my brain is wired to seek out that sensation of comfort.

It's like my thumb is a pacifier, soothing my frayed nerves.

So when Nick and Matt try to help me, it feels like they're trying to take away that comfort.

I'll often fall asleep sucking on my thumb feeling even more peaceful than before.

One day, though, something happens that changes everything.

We're all sitting on the couch watching TV, and I'm barely paying attention. My mind is wandering, and before I know it, my thumb is in my mouth. I'm chewing on my hoodie string too, twirling it around my finger.

Suddenly, Matt reaches over and gently pulls my hoodie string out of my mouth.

"Chris, come on," he says softly. "You don't need to do that, your not a baby."

I don't know what comes over me, but everything inside me seems to tighten. My chest feels like it's collapsing in on itself, and I can't breathe.

"Don't touch me!" I shriek, and before I know it, I'm sobbing. My face is wet with tears, and I can't seem to stop gasping for air.

Nick and Matt look at each other, wide-eyed. I know they don't know what to do. But then Matt reaches out and grabs my hand.

"Chris, it's okay," he says, his voice like honey. "It's okay to be scared. Your okay I've got you.. Me and Nicky will help."

I look up at him, my vision blurry. Something shifts inside me, and suddenly it feels like the whole earth is breaking. Everything I've been holding back comes pouring out.

"I hate feeling like a little kid," I choke out. "I hate that I can't stop. I hate that I'm such a freak."

Nick and Matt both lean in at once, wrapping me up in a tight hug. I can feel their warmth, their love, radiating out from their bodies.

"You're not a freak," Nick whispers, his breath hot on my ear. "You're our brother. And we love you just the way you are and we promise we will help you."

The three of us stay like that for a while, wrapped up in a tight knot of brotherly love. It's like the invisible chains that have been tying me down all this time have suddenly snapped.

And slowly, gently, I pull my thumb out of my mouth holding on tightly to my brothers. --------------------------------------------------------- AUTHORS NOTE

Another one?! I feel like a demon has possessed me or something 😭 Anywyas hope this one is alright I know the request probably meant for it to be more cuter than how I wrote it but I got side tracked so I'm sorry 💔 and I physically can't go back and ch age anything as I'm on 2 percent woo! Anyways have a wonderful night how did we all enjoy the new video?!

Bye <3

Words:820