Christmas With Guests

'It's almost Christmas!! Saiki, aren't you excited?!' Hasegawa asked cheerily. "No. The only people who like Christmas are children and sappy couples." Saiki replied, sinking into his jacket for warmth. The cool breeze struck Kei's red face like a bolt of lightning, he's also never had anyone openly admit they don't like Christmas. "...Don't look at me like that." Saiki tried to escape Hasegawa's gaze. 'Sorry, but I promise you'll like Christmas this year!' Hasegawa looked determined, pulling Saiki downtown. As they walked, Saiki was overwhelmed with other peoples thoughts, another reason he hated Christmas. Hasegawa took his scarf off and wrapped it around Saiki's neck, "...You okay there, Mr. Psychic?" Saiki looked shocked at Hasegawa's voice, it sounded better than in his head.

'Saiki?' Kei tilted his head in confusion. "Nothing." He brushed him off, the scene before replaying like a broken record. 'Wait here. I promise I'll be quick.' Hasegawa stopped in front of an expensive looking store, Saiki obliged curiously. 'Oh, thanks for waiting.' Kei smiled as he came out of the shop with two body bags in his hands. "What's with the clothes?" 'Mom and dad like to go on little dates around Christmas and New Years, so I thought they should look the part. Wait, is it too fancy? Are the colours wrong? Do you think they'll hate it!?' Kei began to spiral when Saiki quickly wrapped the bags in decorative wrapping and pushed Kei inside his house, "One way to find out." 'SAIKIII!!!' Kei screamed with mixed emotions.

"Oh my god! Kei, honey these are lovely!! How'd you get the money for them? You didn't steal it did you?!" Akemi screamed and gasped at the sapphire blue jumpsuit in her hands. It was decorated with gold flowers at the hem of the pant leg and around the bust, a piece of string wrapped around her neck to support the whole thing, accompanied by a slit in the legs. "I've been saving up for a while. And I know it's not quite Christmas yet, but you guys have given me so much, I thought I should give you something back. And so you can have something nice to wear on your dates. I hope you like them." Hiro gave his son a bear hug, "I love it! Thank you!" Hiro stared stary-eyed at the stripped pants, black undershirt, and red silky blazer he was given. "I'm sorry yours isn't as fancy as moms, but finding good suits, that aren't black, are hard." Hiro chuckled and Akemi realised how mature her little boy has gotten, Biscuit seemed to agree.

"Oh! This is perfect actually. Kurumi invited us over for Christmas with her family!" Akemi informed her family. "I told you they'd like it." 'Shut the fuck up, I'm seeing you Christmas anyway.' Kei smiled and was even more hyped for Christmas. Slowly but surely, Christmas came. Kei rushed down the hall, did a quick Christmas jingle dance number, and ran to school. Hasegawa greeted his friends who wished him a Merry Christmas. "MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU GUYS TOOO!!!!! here, i have gifts for you all." Kaido giggled at Hasegawa's enthusiasm. During their first break, everyone opened their presents and where delighted by them. Kaido got a little pocket watch that was "cursed and haunted," Nendou got one of those cats with the bobbing head, Hairo got some protein powder, and Saiki got a small decorative jar with hand folded paper stars in it.

When school finished, Hasegawa was the first to leave, and the most excited. "Ma! Dad!" Kei ran around the house, finding the two in the living room. "Merry Christmas." He smiled and handed them gifts. They both knew Kei liked giving gifts and nothing could stop him, so the gladly accepted them and opened them. Hiro gave a hearty laugh at the keychain he received, it was a duck dangling from a key ring with a knife in its beak. Akemi gasped at her gift, it was light-up flowers with rose quartz near the bottom inside a glass container. "You're so grown up now." Akemi said, teary-eyed. "Thanks kiddo." Hiro smiled. Kei beamed couldn't wait for dinner.

With a few hours to prepare, and open presents, Kei styled his hair and put on a white polo shirt underneath a red sweater, accompanied by black pants and a belt. "MA!!! DAD!!! DO I LOOK WEIRD I LOOKED WEIRD RIGHT?!" "Kei, calm down. Breathe," Hiro placed his hand on Kei's back as he followed orders, "Good. Now, you look dashing." "He's right, and your words were slurring, honey." Akemi mentioned. Kei's raspy, panicked voice, slowed and he remained silent, daggers in his throat, "Sorry." "It's alright. Now, let's go leave an everlasting impression on the Saiki's!!" Hiro laced all their arms together and started their journey.