The Gays, The Girl, and Their Child

Teruhashi's hands were becoming clammy as she was reaching her destination. 'Right, you got this Kokomi. I mean you're not going to see Saiki himself, you're going to get cooking lessons from his mom! Yeah, haha.' She tried to calm herself down, but old habits die hard. She reached for the doorbell only to flee at the last second. 'I can't do this! What if my hair looks funny! What if I say something weird?!' Teruhashi was so panicked she hadn't realised her pacing was taking her back to Saiki's house.

The sound of a doorbell snapped her from her trance. 'Oh noooo. Shit shit shit!!!' "Um, I'm sorry but I rang the wrong bell!" She called out to the door that was slightly ajar. A little boy poked his head out, acknowledging the girl outside his house. He ran away only to come back dragging an adult with him. "Cyborg Cider-man number two, look at the strange lady at the door!" Little Yuuta pointed.
'Who is it?' Hasegawa asked peering behind Yuuta, a bowl of freshly popped popcorn in his hands.

"Saiki?! Hasegawa?! What are you guys doing here?" Teruhashi failed to hide her curiosity.
"...C'mere, we're gonna so say hi to my mom." Saiki picked up his neighbour and explained to the unexpected guest that he was babysitting. "Oh, I see. And what are you doing here?"
"He's helping. Yuuta can be a lot to handle sometimes." Saiki explained more monotone than a black and white movie. Kei ruffled his boyfriend's hair in a reassuring way.

"Ah, Teruhashi! Good to see you!" Kurumi smiled gleefully seeing her. "Oh my, I'm sorry Kei I didn't see you there! How are you?" She panicked slightly.
"I'm good thanks. And I hear that Teruhashi is getting some cooking lessons from you?" Kei signed. The lessons he gave Kusuos parents seem to be paying off.

Teruhashi tensed up a little when she realised how close she was to Kusuo. She tucked a rouge hair behind her ear. She felt a little disheartened to see the guy she was crushing on, not only stare at another lovingly, but to stare lovingly at a boy. She would kill to have someone look at her like that. 'Oh. I see.' Her bittersweet smile caught Yuuta's eye, "Psst, Saiki! What's wrong with her face?" He whispered.

Saiki looked over at Teruhashi, "She's fine. Why?" Yuuta said nothing and shook his head. "Sorry Kei, dear, but can you excuse me? I just have to set up for our cooking lesson!" Kurumi realised, glancing over at Teruhashi. He stepped aside making way for Teruhashi to put down her coat and scarf. "Oh, actually I brought some cake if Yuuta and the guys want some?"

"Cake?!" Yuuta eyes sparkled. Kei pinched his little cheek. Since Kusuo was holding him it was easier to tease the little guy. Kurumi opened the box to see three slices of cake, two cupcakes and a red heart shaped cake with the word "love" written on it. Unfortunately for Kokomi, Kusuo wasn't the one receiving the heart cake, it was Yuuta. He took some pretty big bites and enjoyed inch of the cake. Considering he claimed it was favourite Kei wasn't surprised when Yuutas plate was the first to be empty.

'Oi, is it just me or does Teruhashi seem different to you?' Kei asked swallowing a part of his cupcake.
"She's acting weird because her charm doesn't work on children." Kusuo responded.
"Did you enjoy that Yuuta?" Kurumi asked sweetly.
"Mhm, it was super yummy!"
"Well then, you should say thank you to Kokomi." Kurumi encouraged.
"Thank you for the cake ma'am!" Yuuta innocently smiled.

Teruhashi looked furious. It was funny to see someone usually calm and composed loose her mind over being called "ma'am." By the look on her face Kei could tell she was cooking up some scheme to get back at Yuuta for "disrespecting her" in about ten years. "Ah! I forgot about the meeting I had with the neighbourhood parents!" Kurumi held the phone with horror. "Oh, that's alright. I'll come back another time." Teruhashi bowed respectfully. "Oh, if you don't mind waiting it should only take half an hour! Boys, keep her company alright? I'll be back shortly."

Kurumi grabbed her coat and was out the door quicker than ever, not giving the boys a chance to give an answer. Yuuta wanted to watch TV and Kei gladly put it on for him, handing over the bowl of popcorn he had previously made. Yuuta sat on the couch, peacefully swinging his legs gently while eating the popcorn. Teruhashi was hoping for some grown up time with Saiki, but once again to her dismay he wasn't interested.

"Try not to take it to heart, I think he's just trying to fulfil his promise of taking tare of Yuuta." Kei set next to Teruhashi at the table, phone in hand. "...You don't have to be nice to me you know." Kei's confused face was enough for her to keep talking, "I don't really get the whole 'queer' concept." She did air quotes, not sure if that was right term. "But, if he's happy then I guess I can't complain." She looked to the ceiling, tears barely holding themselves back.

"..I know what it's like. To not understand the queer thing I mean." Kei's strained voice wasn't something Kokomi thought she'd hear today. "I thought I was weird, broken, and in need of fixing because I didn't fancy girls. Being a treated like that at a young age was hard." He looked to Yuuta, seeing him happy brought a bitter smile to his face. "But I got through it. And I even got to help my parents understand that the way I am is okay." He took her hand is his, "I'm not saying you have to understand it, but thank you for respecting us."

Kokomi chuckled sweetly, "Of course. I mean, it's what friends are for.. right?"
He smiled back at her, "Right."
"It's Miss Peach-Tea! Cyborg Cider-man it's your friend Peach Tea!" Yuuta flailed Saiki's sleeve rapidly. The way he tried to smile and nod made the two at the table giggle at him. Kokomi knew that these feelings may never go away, but for the time being she would act like they had. After all she was determined to try and understand her friends better.

___________________________________
A/N: i hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and i think i'm going to be coming back very soon!!
I'll start working on the next one shortly, but i won't be doing weekly updates just yet!

thank you for all of your patience 🫶🫶🫶