Chapter 17

Waleeda nodded with a sigh . They all sat in the parlor waiting for the two to be back from their discussion .

Waleeda's mind was never at ease , she doesn't know what Hibbatullah will tell Kamil , and definitely doesn't know why she's suddenly back into Kamil's life .

Kamil returned with Hibbatullah behind him , though Waleeda wasn't pleased to see the girl coming back into the house yet she kept quiet just like Khadijah.

Waleeda noticed the uneasiness on Kamil's face , he looks different after he's back from whatever he discussed with Hibbatullah . His eyebrows were slightly furrowed as if he's been angered .

"Mama.. I have a request " Kamil stared speaking  after minutes of silence.

Khadijah took a deep breath to calm the burning rage of anger she's feeling in her delicate heart . "I'm listening.." She answered permitting him to say his request.

"Hibbatullah needs a place to stay in for the meantime.. I was thinking.." Kamil started but his sentence for broken up by Waleeda's loud word .

"No ! " Waleeda shouted even before Kamil finish saying his own . She didn't know why she acted this way , but all she knows is that she doesn't want her to stay .
She's afraid Hibbatullah might manage to steal Kamil's heart again .

Suddenly all the eyes were on Waleeda, everyone was surprised . Waleeda turned away slightly embarrassed and decided to keep her mouth shut for the rest of the talk .

Kamil cleared his throat and continued speaking regardless of Waleeda's suggestion "Mama.. she needs a place to stay ..so I was thinking maybe she could stay here till her house is ready.."

Khadijah wanted to shout a 'No ! ' just like how Waleeda did yet she doesn't like to say 'No' to her children especially Kamil who had faced a lot of life traumas .

"Only for your sake Kamil . " Khadijah said signifying that she has accepted his request .
That was the last statement she made before storming upstairs in dire need to talk things out with Muhsin when he's back .

Khalil left the place too and followed his mother upstairs leaving the three humans in the large living room .

"Where will she stay toh ? " Waleeda asked trying her best to hide her jealousy which didn't really work , regardless of the fact that she knows they're obviously many guest rooms in the house yet something just made her to ask .

Kamil turned to look at the questioner , for a moment, Waleeda could swear that those pretty eyes could see her .

"Obviously in one of the guest rooms " Kamil replied and left the living room immediately after he said that .

"Let me show you the guest room " Waleeda offered even though she herself doesn't know where the guest rooms are located .

However, Hibbatullah was quick to reply "I think you've forgotten that I was once in this house years ago so I know exactly where the guest room is"

Waleeda feel more than curious to know why Hibbatullah is back so she asked "Why are you back ? "

"To take what's mine obviously.. " Hibbatullah replied as bold as ever .

"Kamil was never yours! " Waleeda sparked surprised at how her voice turned out so loud .

"I know that man more than you Waleeda , you are not meant for him , Your name was written next to someone and that person is definitely not Kamil ! " Hibbatullah uttered .

"If you really know Kamil then you should know that he hates the smell of heavy makeup on girls , just like your makeup , you should also know that he doesn't like girls that betray him and then decided to return to make his life worse ! " Waleeda voiced out .

Hibbatullah didn't utter another word rather she sharply stared at Waleeda as if she's been offended , the place was mute for some seconds .

Waleeda and Hibbatullah were staring daggers at each other until when Hibbatullah turned and left into the direction that Waleeda presumed it to be the guest room corridor .

_________
Vote
Share
Comment