Chapter 22

Waleeda simply remained mute as Kamil continue to hold her hand supportingly , a knock was heard on the door which managed to get both Kamil and Waleeda's attention.

" Come in . " Kamil answered the maid who then walked into the room with her short legs covered in a skirt and a tray of food on her hands .

She quietly placed the food on the bedside drawer and gave a deep bow to both Kamil and Waleeda before exiting the room almost immediately after .
" Eat . " Kamil said to Waleeda who moved her hands to carry the food tray that has masa , fried chicken , a fruit juice and water on it .

She quietly consumed her food savoring its delicious taste , the cooks here are skilled when it comes to food . Waleeda , however couldn't finish all and could only finish the fruit juice that's so irresistibly nice .

She placed the tray back on the bed side drawer , Waleeda thought Kamil will leave now that she has eaten but she saw that he didn't even move a bit . "I'm done . " Waleeda said to him indirectly telling him to leave .

"Which done ? Get your medicine and take it , that's when you'll be done . " Kamil replied making Waleeda to elongate her hand so that she can open the bed side drawer where she kept her medicine . She swallowed the pills and replied "done . "

"Waleeda. " Kamil called her name while reaching out for her hand again as he play with her fingers .

"Yes . " Waleeda answered as she find herself staring at his face even more , 'God has really given me a handsome husband . ' She thought.

"I don't want to leave you here alone , you are sick . " Kamil responded as he touch her forehead with the back of his hand to feel the temperature again .

"Don't you have other things to do ? " Waleeda asked not wanting to keep him here when she knows he's busy , or has some stuffs to do . But that definitely has to be in the night not the daytime since he can't see now .

"I work at night . " Kamil replied and continued to play with her fingers as if it's a delicate glass .

Waleeda decided to use this as an opportunity to know her husband more ,
" Kamil , nobody said this to me but I'm quite curious to know , Is this family a royal one ? " Waleeda asked seeing how big and spacious the house is and how everyone mostly wear white , how the maids are much , how the late Kano king's statue stood proudly at the center of the house .

    "Silly girl ." Kamil said and poked her small nose gently with his index finger making Waleeda surprised on how he could know where her nose is if he couldn't see yet she decided not to ask .

    "What's so silly here ? I'm just asking . " Waleeda replied still waiting for an answer from Kamil . 

   " My Maternal grandfather is a king , my mother is a princess. But my father is related to no royalty . He is a business man with his own company. Are you satisfied now that I've answered you ? " Kamil responded .

   "No I still have more questions. " Waleeda replied managing to earn a sigh from Kamil who's trying his best to answer her .

  He is  not use to telling people about his family but this is a different case , Waleeda is not just any person , she's his wife .

___________

Enjoy !
Don't forget to vote , share and comment 💚