Chapter 26

The day went on so fast with Waleeda praying each and every passing prayer and didn't exit her room until it's time for dinner , She took a warm shower and changed into a plain straight black gown with a black head wear that serve as a cover for her head .

She was about to step out when the door was pulled open by Kamil , his eyes widely open with a bright vision, he can see now that it's nighttime. Waleeda noticed the change in his outfit which is now a white color with his curly hair uncovered. Waleeda suddenly reached out in a tiptoe and ruffled his curly that looks so irresistible .

Kamil gave her a confused look yet he didn't shift when she continue to ruffle his hair like a puppy , after what seems like forever Kamil spoke "Waleeda we are going to be late for dinner if you're just going to be ruffling my hair all night . " Waleeda retracted her hand back and walked beside Kamil as they match downstairs to the dining room .

It looks like Kamil's words became true because when they reached the dining table , Khadijah and Muhsin were already done eating leaving only Khalil there stuffing meatballs into his mouth disregarding the fried plantains, mac n cheese , pounded yam and egusi soup that's one the large table only focusing on the juicy meatballs .

Waleeda sat on her new spot which is beside Kamil and is now opposite Khalil , Kamil mumbled a prayer and starts to eat the Mac n cheese while Waleeda went for the pounded yam and egusi soup that everyone seems to be ignoring.

"Khalil it seems like you are in love with meatballs . " Waleeda stated when she noticed how Khalil has been eating the meatballs only . Khalil have a smile and replied "Yes, It's my favorite . " He stated and continue to eat the meatballs with passion .

"Really? " Waleeda asked and Khalil replied with a nod of his head . "I'll surely make a delicious meatballs for you on your birthday . " Waleeda said to Khalil who seemed to be pleased with what he heard as he flashed a very cute smile to Waleeda . "Thank you Aunt Waleeda . You're the best ! " Khalil replied Waleeda who also responded with "you're welcome . "

Waleeda continued eating when Kamil nudged her arm gaining her attention as she turned to face him . "You've never offered to cook something for me . . . Do you hate me that much ? " Kamil asked in a playful tone that requires no reply.

"You've amazing chefs that seems to know how to cook everything . " Waleeda replied as she turn to continue eating her food. " That doesn't mean I won't I wouldn't want to eat a food that my wife prepared. " Kamil replied while Khalil cleared his throat to notify that he's still in the dining room .

"I think I'm done eating , bye ! " Khalil said to the couples and quickly exited the dining room "Great. . . Now you manage to send Khalil away . " Waleeda said to Kamil who simply smiled as he shook his head .

"As I was saying when will I eat your food. . . " Kamil inquired disregarding what Waleeda said just now. "Fine. Tomorrow. " Waleeda said to Kamil who gave a pleased smiled . "Breakfast, lunch or dinner? " Kamil Asked intending to know when she'll cook the food .

"I'll cook breakfast, Lunch and dinner for the whole house tomorrow." Waleeda responded trying to use this as a chance to show her cooking skills that her mother always praises.
"No . I don't want you to be stressed out so just pick one. " Kamil said to Waleeda who was quick to reply "fine fine , I'll just pick lunch . "

"Lunch then , I can't wait. " Kamil said to Waleeda who only continued to eat her food ignoring what he said just now . Waleeda smiled knowing how skilled she is in cooking , the whole house will be screaming for more food when they taste her food .

The two of them kept eating in silence , Kamil finished eating yet he still sat on his seat waiting for Waleeda finish her food , Waleeda meanwhile continue eating her food when she set her eyes on the person that just entered . A feeling of deja vu washed over Waleeda remembering how the same person entered the dining room during lunch .

Waleeda watch as Hibbatullah match inside the dining room dressed in the same clothing as she sat opposite Kamil , only that this time around Kamil could see Hibbatullah .

Kamil noticed how Waleeda is trying her best to eat fast so that they'll leave the dining room so he leaned closer to her ear and whispered "Waleelee calm down and eat . " giving her an encouraging smile .

Waleeda glanced at Hibbatullah who seemed to have been staring at Kamil , Waleeda carried one plantain and brought it near Kamil's lips intending for him to eat it while Kamil just sat there staring at Waleeda with a surprised expression.

"I can't believe you don't even know that your own husband doesn't like plantain. " Hibbatullah said to Waleeda as she continue to eat her food with a teasing smile on her face . Waleeda was about to retract her hand back when Kamil held it and took a bite of the plantain from her hand leaving the two girls surprised .

"It's nice . " Kamil said to Waleeda after taking a bite while Waleeda just sat there with her hand still up in the air not able to recover from the shock . "Waleelee . " Kamil called managing to get Waleeda's attention while Hibbatullah gave a disgusted expression after hearing the name he used .

Waleeda wiped her lips with a napkin and mumbled an Alhamdulillah when she finished eating , she stood up and walked out of the dining together with Kamil by her side . "Why did you eat the plantain when you despise it ? " Waleeda asked as soon as they stepped out of the dining room .

"Should I have just said 'No' and leave you disappointed in front of Hibbatullah ? " Kamil asked and continued to speak "moreover it tasted nice from your hand . " He admitted as they walk up the stairs .

" That sounds like something a boyfriend will say to his girlfriend. " Waleeda said to Kamil trying to hide her blushed cheeks as they climb the stairs . "But now a husband is saying it to his wife . " Kamil replied as they make their way to Waleeda's room so as she'll take her medicine .

_______________
Author : THANK YOU FOR READING SEE . Pls do VOTE , COMMENT AND SHARE WITH OTHER WATTPAD USERS .

You can also check out my other stories .
MIGRATION, HEART SHADES AND MIXED ACADÉMIE.
🤍