•02| Spine-chilling Potrait🖤

||YOUR POV||

Uneasiness, this is what you were feeling at this moment. Your face had turned pale, you wandered your eyes on every corner of the corridor but found no one presence there which scared you even more. Gulping the lumps down in your throat you instantly run towards the direction where your husband was standing, on the turning point of the corridor.

Don't know why but that voice creeps the sh!t out of you... That was petrifying and it's still echoing in your ear..

Tae saw you running towards him, without wasting a time he abruptly engulfed you in his arms.

"What happened, babe?" He asked with concern, looking down at you who was burying her face on his chest like a baby. You didn't say anything, just stayed in his warm warmth. From inside you were frightened, afraid but you don't want to show it on your face.

Hanging up the call Tae tilted his head and asked you again with concern when he felt you wrapping your arms more rigidly around his back.

"Did something happen, love?" His voice was calm. Pulling your face from his chest you looked up at him..

'Should I tell him about that voice? Will he believe my words? I know how stupid I will sound....right?'

You kept debating in your head and finally decided to spit it out.

"Nothing serious Tae, I was just standing there when I felt like I--I heard someone's voice." You muttered hesitatingly with your puckered lips while eyeing at that window. Tae followed your gaze to look at that big window and again his eyes got back at you. He couldn't help but chuckle at your remarks before pecking on your nose tip.

He must find it funny..

"Baby what are you saying, here is no one beside you and me then how can you hear someone else's voice? It's not possible, baby." he uttered.

"But tae--(he cut off your word)

"Stop watching those horror movies because it's affecting my lovely wife's mind." He tittered mockingly while caressing your hair because he knows how much you like to watch horror movies and all..

You stare at him blankly in response as you don't know what to say in return because you yourself don't have any idea what that voice was and to whom it belongs or whether you heard it correctly or not.

Tae noticed the worriedness on your face and thought to divert your mind as he knows it's not good for you and the baby.. Removing his hand from your waist he blandly cupped your face between his palm whereas your arms were still wrapping around his torso. He made you look at him.

"Baby look, As we know naturally voices echo in such places just the way my voice is echoing in this empty corridor right now, even your single sighs would be sounded loudly here.. So, perhaps you've misheard something.. Now don't think about it so much..hmm?"

You know what he was saying has logic, the empty corridor reflected the sound, that's true. But that voice and the way it called out your name- single remembrance of that creepy voice, quivered your whole being.

You let out a heavy sign before detaching yourself from his embrace.

"I think you're right. It must be my delusion. I'm so into those horror movies & stories that now I'm hearing stuff in broad daylight." You shook your head to clear your mind and chortled at your own remarks while smiling a little to which he returned back gladly.

"Now forget all that & let's go downstairs. we haven't seen the kitchen area yet.." You nodded, gripping his palm on yours and with that you both made your way downstairs.