•03| 3AM at night🖤

||

Your screaming sound echoed in the room.

"aaaaaaaaaaahahhhhhahahhh~~~"

A hand instantly covers your mouth to shut you up. But your fastened heartbeat calms down a bit when you hear a familiar voice.

"Baby, it's me. Why are you screaming?" Hearing him you slowly opened your lashes and blinked to clear your vision because of the darkness of the room.

"Tae, it's you?" You asked shakily, still trying to steady your fastened breaths.

"Ofcourse, Who can be here other than me." Removing his hand from your mouth he turned on the night lamp and you let out a relief breath, finding your husband beside you.

"Ahh Tae, Oh gosh you scared me to the death." He examined your face before encircling his arms around your waist..

"Why did my baby get scared of her own husband? Did I look like a ghost to you?" He said jokingly, earning a playful slap on his chest..

"Shut up!! It was so dark inside and I just saw you all of a sudden so it's obvious Tae, anyone could get scared if you come in front of them unannounced." You sighed deeply before shifting more towards him.

"By the way, have you finished your work?" He shook his head and pulled you closer to him by your waist, securing you in his grasp.

"No, I will do it tomorrow.. Right now I want to sleep in your warm embrace." He announced before snuggling his face on the crook of your neck. You immediately melted in his warmth and understood how badly you were missing being in his arms till now.

With a gentle smile on your face, you caressed his hair soothingly.

"Good night honey"

You wrapped your other hands around his torso which made him bury himself more onto you.

"Good night love." He muttered against your skin causing you to scooped him in your arms more tightly..

After a moment later you both drift into your deep slumber, totally forgetting about that portrait & other things which were disturbing you from inside till now.

You wanted to ask him about that portrait but the moment you found yourself in his warmth you forgot all those thoughts & worries and totally drowned into his comfort embrace..

••••(At 3:15 AM)

Knitting your eyebrows you tilt your head to the side in discomfort. You opened your eyes gradually and blinked a few times in order to clear your vision and saw the darkness of the room. Dim moonlight was the only thing which lightened up the room a bit..

Your body was shivering in the cold as the temperature of the room was very low, too cold for the room. You turned your head to your side only to witness your husband who was also quivering in his sleep. You pulled up the blanket and covered him properly and then you lifted your face up to look outside of the window, it's still too dark outside. Then you glanced at the wall clock to see the time..

"3:20am in the morning." You sighed firmly before getting up on the bed and looked at the room heater.

"The heater is on then why it's still feeling so cold." You got confused & rubbed your palms on either side of your arms then your eyes fell on the AC and to your surprise it was On.. You gasped a bit because you clearly remember that you turned it off before getting on the bed.. Then who put it on the low temperature..