1

"You can do it" you mumbled to yourself, looking as the elevator light went higher and higher. "No, I can't. I fucking can't" you groaned, running your hand through your hair. You sighed, when the number on the screen registered with you.

Before you could prepare yourself anymore, that it wasn't possible anymore because the elevator doors opened. You fixed your hair over your shoulder and you smoothed over the back of your dress.

"They're going to think that I'm the wrong person when I go in there. I'm a mess" you whispered under your breath. "I don't know how I manage to look presentable on paper, because they're going to regret this"

You turned a corner to the reception desk and you heard phones ringing. "This is Mandy speaking" the receptionist groaned into the phone with a smile. You looked away, just in time for you to run into somebody.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going" a voice said, leaning over to pick something up.

"It's okay, I wasn't either" you smiled, bending down to pick up a notebook.

"Thanks" he sighed, standing back up and setting the notebook on his pile. You looked up and met eyes with him.

"I'm sorry"

"It's okay, you have to get used to it around here" he smiled. "You look lost, do you need help finding something or someone?"

"Yes, please. I'm looking for Josh Evan's?"

"Sure, go down this hall and take a right. His office is there" he said, turning and pointing the way.

"Thank you. I never got your name"

"It's Luke"

"Thanks for the help..Luke"

"I don't mind at all, it gives me a break from the madness" he smiled and you thought to yourself, if you knew him in high school, maybe you could've been friends.

"It was nice to meet you-"

"Y/N" you laughed, holding your hand out to him.

"It was nice meeting you. Good luck with Josh"

"Thanks" you said. Luke nodded, held his belongings closer to him and took off.

You moved fast and you hoped to God there wouldn't be another tripping accident. Especially since you were lucky no one saw it happen. You hoped so anyway.

You looked up at the office door and cleared your throat, drawing your hand into a fist. You knocked once and took a step back, looking around. Your head snapped back when you heard a creak and the door opening to reveal a man in his late twenties.

"You must be Y/N Y/L/N" he said.

"Yes, it's lovely to meet you, Mr Evan's"

"I've heard great things about you. And you're punctual, which is even better" he smiled. "Come on in"

"Thank you" you said quietly, following him inside.

He pointed at two black chairs across from his desk. You sat down on one, placing your bag on your lap. He went behind the desk and your eyes followed him. He sat across from you in his leather chair, but his attention was elsewhere as he typed on his computer.

"I'm sorry, I'm just checking on a colleague of mine. I haven't been able to reach him all morning and he's running late" He laughed, looking over at me.

He pushed his laptop screen closed and pulled one of his legal pads out.

"I guess we'll just start then" he said, looking back at me and smiling before looking back at the paper. "I just have some questions I'd like to ask, it won't take long"