6

It felt super weird.

Anxiety raced through my body. I had nervous sweats, a tight chest and sweaty hands.

It'd been so long since we seen each other.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Molly mumbled from the couch. Her big green eyes staring at me.

"I'm okay, thank you. Just try to save some food for me when I come back, okay? Maybe go grocery shopping"

"I can't make any promises" she smirked and fell back on to the cushions.

I rolled my eyes and shook my head. I picked up my purple flask from the coffee table and began to walk towards the door.

"Do some cleaning too. Oh and don't go ahead of me on Prison Break, okay?" I told her, watching as she tucked some hair behind her ear.

"Will do. Tell everyone I said hi!"

"Sure thing" I groaned as I picked up my bag. The old back I hadn't used since college. I sighed and got in to the elevator. Car keys in my hand and a weight on my step.

Let's get this over with.

~

The minute I walked in the door, I was pulled in every direction. Family members gave me long and tight hugs. My saving Grace was the smell of strong coffee coming from the kitchen.

This is home.

"Let me take those for you" my auntie Mary said, taking the box of biscuits that I bought from down the street.

With a smile, I crossed the room. Framed pictures and sculptures adorn the entryway, but my attention turned when I heard laughing and voices down the hall.

Heads turned when I entered the room. There were more smiles and more hugs. A plate of something warm and doughy with sugar and jelly was put into my hands. Three people asked if I wanted coffee. I nodded and sat down. This was what I missed most about home. It rings even more true when I look past the bodies to see food dishes on the counter.

My family. You got to love them.

As I looked around, I met eyes that weren't happy to see me at all. Her lips pursed in annoyance and she quickly looked away when she was asked to get me a coffee. Her eyes were dark and guilt filled me with the things I said to her on the phone. Then again, the things she said to me flood back too. I looked back down to the pastry and hid myself in every bite.

My family don't neglect many topics asking questions about everything under the sun. How's Molly? How's Boston? Does it rain more there? Am I on a diet? How do I look so good? Where did I get my clothes and my shoes? Am I dating anyone? Any pets? What happened my last job? What's your boss like? What do I do?

With a full stomach, I escape to go and use the bathroom. Who knew they could ask so many questions?

I couldn't pull out my phone fast enough when I was alone. With no new notifications, I refreshed my email and there was a ding! There was a new email at the top of the list. I groaned and pressed on it.

From Matt.Sturniolo
To: Y/N.Y/L/N

Hi, Y/N. You asked for things to do while you were gone, so here it is. Don't take back your word, it won't work on me ;) I hope you brought the contact book with you..get done what you can and anything you can't do, let me know, okay?

-I need you to RSVP a wedding. I usually avoid them, but this one should be fun. You can do that for me here, you just have to fill out my name, if I'm going and if I'm bringing anyone. Put me down for a plus one, okay?