45

Warning: hospital care

Matt's POV

Rubbing my eyes with a groan, I looked around, feeling regretful of the reality I came back to. The life I was dreaming of felt much better, and made me smile.

Her with her own arms, holding a blue eyed, blonde haired baby, with me at her side.

Her forehead was warm under my lips, and soft. The vanilla lotion she uses leaves hints of scent across her face, one of the few things Holly picked up from home.

A noise cut off my thoughts and when I look up, the nurse was standing at my side, clearing her throat. She had her arms crossed and she shook her head at me.

"Matt" she sighed

"Hannah, I know I'm not supposed to be up here, but I'm sorry. She was hysterical from a nightmare, and I couldn't get her to calm down" I admit.

She sighed. "Alright, but you need to be careful of her IV tubes, as well as her injuries. I don't want anyone else in her family to think we allow this sort of thing" She paused to wink and I nodded. "I'm glad you mentioned the nightmare, thats something to record"

She asked me a few questions about the nightmare Y/N had, and she typed my responses into her computer. She raised her eyebrows when I told her Y/N was starting to remember, and it was the reason for her being scared.

~

My name roused me from my sleep, and it took a few minutes to adjust to remember where I was. It was quicker than yesterday, making me realise that I was getting used to this. I wasn't sure how to feel, but it was washed away when I find her eyes waiting for me.

"Morning" she rasped, her voice sounding nearly like her own now. I couldn't be happier about it, as she left her hand on my shoulder.

"Morning, my love. How did you sleep?" I asked, yawning and tapping her nose with my finger.

"Great" she smiled and I nodded. "Best I've slept so far"

"I'm happy to hear that" I smiled, and she stared back at me. She is something else, I think to myself. I looked down at my watch and raised my eyebrows. "It's ten in the morning"

She laughed. There it is. My favourite sound in the whole world.

"I missed hearing that" I whispered, stroking her cheek. She smiled and my heart couldn't feel any fuller.

"How are you feeling? I hope I didn't knock into you in the middle of the night, or hurt you"

"I'm okay, kinda hungry" she said, running her hand through her hair. "My head is itchy and hurts, and my stomach too"

"It's good that your hungry, your appetite is coming back. Let me get out and I'll press the pain pump"

"No, Matt" she objected, grabbing my arm. "Don't leave, you're warm"

I laughed. "Okay, but for a few more minutes. I don't want you to be in pain, babe" I said, dragging my fingers through her hair, but when she closed her eyes, I stopped. I know she'll fall asleep, but the nurse said yesterday that she needs to eat. "Don't go to sleep, you have to eat"

"Okay" she sighed, opening her eyes and looking at me.

"Your eye is looking better. I bet it doesn't help though without your glasses" I laugh and she smiled. "Holly was going to bring your contacts by today, and see if you could wear them"

"Yeah" she hummed. "Are you going to go home too?" She asked, a hint of sadness in her voice. She's never been good at hiding her feelings, or lying.

"For a little bit, if that's okay with you?"