10

I push the door closed behind me, looking around the living room of my apartment. A burning smell wafted from the kitchen and through the living room. None other than my two favourite people in the world, sat on the island bar stools, drinking beer.

"Hey" Robert smiled from next to Holly. She sat on the edge of the counter beside him, giving me a look I didn't want to know about.

"Did you have to tell her?"

"I can't believe you didn't tell me your boss is an asshole, and hot! That's the best combo" Holly exclaimed.

"I didn't say he was hot. I don't swing that way" Robert turned to her, with an expression that makes me laugh.

"Keep your pants on, I know you don't. Here, I googled him and a dozen pictures popped up. Did you know he's the son of a super famous guy? Talk about fancy" Holly said and I stop in my tracks, dwelling on her words.

"Did you know that?" Robert asked me.

"No, I didn't"

"He seems nice, I thought. I don't know why you say he's an asshole" Robert comments, because of course he does.

Holly made a comment about 'how guys are hot when they're angry' as I walked into the kitchen with a growling stomach.

"I wonder if he has a girlfriend" Holly said out loud, as I skimmed the fridge. I'd be lying if I said I hadn't wondered that myself.

"Do you ever shut up?" Robert sighed and I laughed. Holly groaned as I opened the microwave.

"Have you got paid yet?"

"You're worse than me, I swear" Robert said, standing up from his chair. He set his drink down on the counter before leaving the room.

"Come on, Y/N, just give me like, a ballpark or something" Holly said as I punched the numbers on the microwave. Ignoring her, I watched my pasta spin around.

"It's just money"

"Your boss is rich, according to Google. It's not hard to look up his net worth" she shrugged. I turned around as she pushed some hair behind her ear. "Are you really going to make me guess?"

"Go ahead, but I'm not telling you" I said, taking a cup down from the cabinet.

"No fun!" She exclaimed, getting off the chair and walking into the living room. She sat down on the couch with her back to me.

I walk down the hall from the kitchen, hearing the tap. Robert came out of the bathroom, messing with his hair. "Where are you going? I thought we were going to watch a movie together?"

"I'll be in my room"

"Okay" he passed me out. I pushed my bedroom door open and turned the light on. At last, on my own, like I prefer.

~

My empty cup and plate sat on the bedside table. I was under my blanket, watching Gossip Girl on the TV. That's all I'd been doing on this wet day. As I shifted in the bed, my phone rang from across the room. I stood up quickly and rushed to get it.

"Hello?"

"Do you remember if that new suit you ordered came for me yet?" A slow voice replied as I paused the episode on the TV.

"Yeah, it came on Tuesday. I put them in your closet"

"I looked but I didn't see it" Mr Sturniolo replied, clicking his tongue. I sighed and sat on the edge of my bed, listening to the sounds from his end of the phone.

"I put it at the front of everything. Maybe you missed it"

"There it is!" He commented. "Thanks"

"Sure"

"So, why was your brother in Boston yesterday? I thought he lived far away with the rest of your family" He said, making small talk, which is weird.

"Uh..he had an interview"

"Really? What does he do? I can't believe you have a twin" he laughed and I heard something unzip. "Which shirt should I wear to the charity event tonight? They're both nice"

"He likes music. He works at a radio station back home, but he interviewed for something in Boston" I said, laying back on the mattress.

"Cool. Did he say how it went? What did he apply for?"

"Why are you interested?" I asked, playing with my hair, staring at the ceiling.

"It's not everyday that you spring on me that you have a twin!"

"We're not identical" I groaned, letting out a small laugh.

"You almost look identical. You have the same eyes, face.." he laughed and I laughed too.

What is becoming of us?

"Thanks for saying I have the same face as my brother"

"I didn't mean like that" he laughed. "I just mean you both look alike. You're the prettiest by far"

"I appreciate that" I said in a goofy tone.

"Now, what shirt am I going to wear?"

"Chill out. I don't know, I haven't seen either of them"

"This is the kinda thing you're supposed to help me with, Y/N" he exclaimed. "Here's a picture. One is grey, long sleeves and the other one is dark blue, short sleeves"

"Don't sound too excited" I laughed and he groaned.

"I don't know what to wear and I have to be there in an hour"

"Calm down. You have plenty of time, Matt" I said carefully.

He huffed. "If I send you pictures of both, will yo tell me which looks better?"

"I guess"

"Y/N, come on"

"Okay, I will. That's what I'm here for"

"Don't talk yourself down, I don't like it. I'm going to put you on speaker for a minute"

I smiled widely.

"What are your plans for tonight?" He asked, after telling me he had to put the phone down to change into the shirts.

"Nothing. Robert was here last night and I showed him around a little, but the rain ruined that. He left a few hours ago to get back for work"

"You should've texted me. I know some good places"

"I'll remember that..for next time" I replied and he hummed. "Why are you in a mood?"

"I don't want to go to this stupid charity thing. Just another event where I have to dress up, be nice and talk to people I don't want to talk to"

"Think of the advantages of it and don't tell me there aren't any"

"I don't know"

"Stop being crabby" I tell him and he mocked me in return. My phone dinged from a message from him. I put the call on speaker and went into my messages. The grey shirt was rolled up to his elbows and undone by a few buttons down the middle. I sighed. "I liked the green"

"Screw you" he laughed and I laughed too.

"It's nice, but I can't decide until I see the other one"

"Fine" he huffed and I scrolled through my social media while he changed the shirt.

"Now, back to the pros. For one, I have a tiny feeling you like to dress up. You have so many fancy shirts and they're not going to wear themselves. Two, free food for the whole night. Three, you get paid to be there. Four, it makes you look being there. It's only two hours"

"So, there's a fifth.." he added, laughing.

What is happening to me and what am I going to do?

Short update!