2

"Aha" Matt exclaimed when you walked in his office.

"What's that for?" You asked, struggling to close the door behind you with the bag you were holding and the tray for the drinks.

"I didn't think you'd beat it"

"Beat what, Mr Sturniolo?" You asked with a sigh, taking out his hot coffee and putting it on the desk. You met his eyes and his disapproving expression.

"Do you know how much this desk cost me, Y/N?"

"No I don't, Mr Sturniolo"

"They're called coasters and if you're going to be here, I suggest you learn how to use them. They're in the second drawer on the right of my desk. I expect them to be used with every drink placed on this desk" He told you, rolling back in his chair and rummaging through the drawer.

You watched him pull out a black coaster and put it down on the desk. "Unless I ask you to get something, I never want you in my desk, okay?"

"Yes, of course" you said, dropping your head and reaching into the plastic bag.

"Back to what I was saying" he started. "You took nine minutes and forty seconds and with traffic, that's impressive. You beat the record"

"You timed me?" You asked, holding the box of food. When he didn't make a move to grab it, you set it down beside his coffee.

"I time all my new assistants. I fired some for taking fifteen minutes because it shouldn't take that long when it's a block away from the building" He said, opening the box with his sandwich in it.

He fired someone because they didn't get his lunch quick enough? What an ass

He inspected the sandwich before he took a bite out of it. He looked at me and stared for a second. "Why are you watching me eat? Go find the break room and take thirty minutes for your lunch. We'll go over your resume when you're back"

He shooed you away and you took it, glad to get away for a while. Was it too much for him to say thank you? A few minutes later, you lingered in the reception, not knowing where the break room was. When you saw some people leave an elevator, you wondered over and was glad to find a small table with hooks on the wall holding coats and belongings.

The yogurt stared at you as you took your time eating your sandwich. There was a squeak and you looked up to find the guy from earlier.

"Hey, it's Y/N, right?" He asked, walking to the kiosk by the door and punching something in the touch screen.

"Yeah, hi Luke"

"I'm kinda surprised you're still here. How's it going?"

"Pretty rough" you said, watching him pull a plastic bag from the fridge behind the kiosk. He set it down on the counter, before putting a container into the microwave.

"I'm sorry to hear. You had an interview with Matt, right?"

"Is that his first name? Yeah, how did you know?" You asked, picking up your water bottle.

"Oh, there was talk going around there was an assistant interviewing for him today" He said, looking down and walking over with a water in his hand.

You stayed quiet and set your water back down on the table.

"His last one quit on Friday" he whispered, pulling back a chair and sitting across from you. His bag ruffled as he pulled out a sandwich bag and a pack of crackers.

"Oh"

"Yeah, so how's it going with him?"

"He timed my Starbucks run to get his lunch. And my interview was interrupted in the middle of it because apparently he's training me today"