38

Matt's POV

"Do you think she'll like it?"

"I hope so, after all that cleaning and buying stuff" I sighed, crossing my arms over my chest.

"We didn't do any cleaning, the cleaning company did" Jason laughed, making me blush. "I think we did good- I reckon you did good"

"Thanks" I said, looking around the office.

"When's her training with you?"

"This Friday" I said, biting my fingernail as I looked around the clean office. Even after the work that was put into it, I still doubt she'd like it.

"Have you not asked her on that date yet?" Jason asked, stepping forward to fix the black lamp, even though I'm sure she'll move things around when she gets here.

"What are you talking about?"

"What? You're wasting precious time"

"No, I haven't asked her out"

"Why's that? You said you ran into her last weekend, and you met her for dinner and drinks. You've had a lot of opportunities, and you didn't take them" he groaned, opening a box of pens. "You know, I don't care if you date. Just be professional"

"It's too soon, Jason. I know it's already a lot for her to be starting a new job. I want her to be settled before  I do anything. I want to do it right"

"But, you better hurry up. I was telling Sam about her, and he wanted to see a picture, and then he couldn't stop talking about her" he said, breaking the box apart before tossing it into the trash.

"Jason, don't encourage him. Sam's an asshole, even he knows it. She'd never go for him"

"Are you going him how you feel about her then, so he doesn't try anything?" Jason continued, walking behind Y/N's desk, pushing in her chair.

"I think I should, if he keeps quiet about it. Watch him try to give me relationship advice, as if he's ever had a girlfriend for longer than two weeks"

Jason laughed and tapped his pen against the desk. I laughed and looked up at the shelf that had some law books on it, but that's the last thing on my to do list.

"You're really gonna leave the walls empty, besides that clock and shelf? It looks sad"

"I told you, I'm going to let her pick out some prints and the company will pay for them. There's no use buying something she won't like"

"The company is paying for it? Matt, she's making you all soft again. I can't complain because it means you're nicer to me for a change"

I laughed and picked up a pen to launch at him. "I don't know, she has though and I don't mind it. I guess I'm used to it, but it was hard"

"Did you tell her she has to frame her degree in here? Behind her desk?" He asked, pointing to walls that were painted a few days ago.

"Thanks for the reminder. I'll have to text her about it"

"You can thank me for the excuse to talk to her" Jason smiled, until his attention was caught by something else. "Why did you buy a plant? Does she even like them? Are you going to take care of it?"

"She mentioned she did, and there's a huge window there to give it sun, so you just have to water it" I laughed, pointing at the big window. "I figured she'd like, thanks for the vote of confidence"

"You'll get my vote of confidence when you ask her out. Matt, it's been two years" he said, turning the light off as we step into the hallway.

"I know, Jason. You think I don't know that?"