48

Matt's POV

"I don't think I've seen a more beautiful sight in all my life"

"I don't think you've lived long enough"

"I'm serious, Y/N, you're beautiful" I said in one breath. "You're everything"

"Shush"

"Or what? You'll make me? I'd like to see that one, babe" I teased, nudging my nose off her cheek. "You're taking too long, and I'm an impatient guy"

She smiled as I ran my hand down her arm that was free of wires and tubes, there was just the annoying cast.

"I mean it, you're beautiful" I whispered against her lips, lifting my head to kiss the top of hers. "You look good and seems you feel that way too"

She hummed and smiled. "I'm ready" she said, letting out a deep breath. "Matt, don't cry or you know I will too"

"I'm sorry, I'm just happy" I laughed, finding it hard to stop my lip shaking as I look at her. "I'm really happy that I get to bring you home. Finally"

"Me too" she croaked, letting a tear fall and pulling me into her arms. I can't complain about it. "Thank you, Matt. For everything, you-"

"You're welcome. You don't need to thank me, I know you would've done the same for me"

"I would have" she whispered against my neck. I pulled away from her and wiped her tears away, unsure of the last time I felt happy to do this, or felt happy at all.

"Shall we get going?" I asked, stroking her cheek.

"Yeah" she nodded. "But, one last thing"

"What's that? I didn't think you'd want to be here any longer"

"I don't, but one last kiss is okay" she smirked and quickly, I was tasting the pain in her kisses, I know it was still there, but I chose to ignore it right now. "Okay, now we can go"

"Let's bring you home"

~

I didn't think I'd ever get used to how beautiful she is and I thought she was a sight when we left the hospital, but was I wrong. She kept proving me wrong, always. Now, she was wrapped up in blankets on her bed, and it was the best sight.

I smiled and ran my hand through my hair. I just got used to her being in hospital and trusting the nurses, and now, I was her nurse. It scared the crap out of me.

What if I do something wrong?

What if I elbow her in the stomach during the night, or mess up the bandage when I redo it or mess up her medicine.

"Matt?"

"Yeah, are you okay?"

"I need you to watch some TV with me" she mumbled, looking at me over her shoulder. I straightened up and hoped I didn't ruin my cover. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, Y/N. Just thinking I'm going to have to readjust my rules for me falling asleep in the middle of something because we both might break that rule" I said, leaving my watch in the doorway to join her under the blankets.

"Are you sure?" She asked, as I stared into space.

"About what?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"If you're okay. I'm sorry, but I don't believe you"

"Oh" I let out a deep breath. "Yeah, I don't know if I believe myself either"

If I learned anything lately, it's that life can flip any moment. I could lose her quickly, and I nearly did. Why would I lie, when I could just tell her the truth?