15

Ding!

I looked down at the little bar at the corner of the screen. One message from Matt. I watched it for a second before it disappeared, I scrolled down through the list, wanting to laugh at what was in it.

Checking to make sure I had everything, I went to checkout. I was thankful Matt had a Prime membership, so the shipping was faster. I looked down at the corner of the screen, wondering when he'll be back. It wasn't unusual for him to be coming and going.

There was another ding. One new message from Matt Sturniolo.

With a slow breath, I clicked on it and the message app filled the screen.

Matt: I heard Liam Neeson might show up here because of his daughter. I'll get you an autograph, I know you're a big fan ;)

Me: thanks

I looked out the window and shook my head, not feeling any better.

Matt: you can take your break whenever you want. What's wrong?

Me: nothing. You keep bugging me when I have work to do

Matt: I'll leave you alone..don't be crabby, I hate when you are

Me: aren't you supposed to be paying attention to the show?

Matt: it hasn't started yet, I'm still waiting. Sorry I'm annoying you too much

I sighed and clicked out of the tab, going back to the list.

The next hour I spent making payments, thankfully it didn't long. The balances boggle me when they load. I can't believe someone could spend that much money in one month.

~

I catch the door when someone else leaving the break room holds it open for me. I was busy thinking of the last few things I had to do before the end of the day. Complete the schedule, find a day to reschedule lunch with Matt, answer emails, call-

A hand touched my shoulder, knocking me from my thoughts. Jumping, I turned around to see who it was.

"Chill out! It's just me!" Matt smirked. I sighed and pushed his hand away. "I love scaring you though"

"I can tell"

"What's wrong with you?" He laughed, as I walked back to my desk. "I think I have something that'll cheer you up"

"What's that? Did you get me Liam Neeson's autograph, like you promised"

"Nice sarcasm, but it's weak. I didn't promise anything" he said, catching my eyes as I sit down. I watched him click his tongue and he shook his head, sitting on my desk. "I picked up things on my way back, I saved some for you" he said, holding up a paper bag and then revealing three waffles.

"Uh..I'm good. I just ate lunch"

"Come on, Y/N. You know you want them" he teased and I looked at the list in front of me on the computer.

"I'm not hungry, Matt"

"Y/N-" he started, but I lifted my head and cut him off.

"I just said, I don't want them! Can you just leave me be so I can get work finished and actually go home at a decent time?"

"I don't know what your problem is, but you don't have to take it out on me. I was trying to do something nice" he mumbled, standing up and walking away, taking the waffles with him.

I stared at the screen, wanting to lookup as he walked away. I cursed under my breath and looked for my AirPods to play some music to push my thoughts away.