eight.

"My nails are at six thirty," I told Harry as I double checked everything in my bag as we stood in front of the lift. "Don't forget."

"I would never," Harry said and I smiled up at him. "I'll try and pick you up, let me know where you are beforehand, yeah?"

"Sure," I nodded just as the lift dinged and the doors opened and Zayn stepped out.

"Hi lovebirds," Zayn grinned before he walked past us and both Harry and I rolled our eyes.

"I'll see you later," I told Harry, leaning up on my toes to press my lips to his, his hand grabbing at my waist to keep me held to him.

"Love you," Harry sighed as I pulled away and stuck my leg into the lift to stop it from closing. "Wish you'd moved this to tomorrow."

"I know you do," I laughed as I finally broke free from his hands, and stepped backwards in the lift. "I love you."

"Bye," Harry pouted, making me laugh again and I waved at him, getting a sad wave back in return just as the doors closed and I was alone.

I jabbed the ground floor button and I texted Jade to let her know I was leaving work now and heading to the tube station, her reply buzzing in almost immediately; letting me know she'd meet me outside Goodge Street station.

I slipped my headphones on over my head and scrolled through my playlists to find my Christmas one again and I pressed play on the best Christmas song ever made, just as I started my descent down into the underground.

I spotted Jade's brunette head easily and I made my way over to her, tapping her on the shoulder just as I pulled my headphones off and dropped them into my bag and I smiled at my friend as she pulled me into a hug.

"How's it going?" I asked as I buried my hands in my jacket pockets and Jade hummed.

"You know, it's two weeks until Christmas I have done nothing and I'm dreading the thought of having all my family around," Jade laughed and I laughed too. "Was thinking B Bagel for lunch?"

"Ooh sounds good," I nodded. "I haven't had a bagel in forever."

"Oh I go there at least twice a week," Jade said. "That's kind of embarrassing but at least they don't know my name."

"Yet," I laughed. "What do you want for Christmas?"

I looked around as we made the short walk up the road towards the bagel place, and I stared at the very fancy department store across the road from us, I'd never heard of Heal's before, but I would definitely be stopping in there.

"Ugh I don't know," Jade muttered, "You sound like my mother."

"That's because she loves spoiling you," I pointed out. "Perks of being the only girl."

"Is that why she's so fucking overbearing half the time?" Jade grumbled as she pushed the door to the café open and I followed her inside, relishing in the hot air.

"She's not like that with Chris."

"They're never like that with boys," I said as I looked at the menu above the counter. "Sons could get away with murder but I breathe wrong and it's like I committed homicide."

"Ain't that the truth," Jade eyed me and we both comforted each others misery.

That's why we were such good friends, she had an actual twin brother and I was basically a twin with my brother despite the age gap.

I didn't know what to get, the chicken avocado bagel sounded good, so did the tuna melt but then they also had salads, a halloumi salad at that!

I hated having this many choices, why would Jade do this to me?!