thirty.

"I think I want to quit my job."

I'd been thinking about it for a while, the thought kind of popped into my brain like every third day until I shook my head and got distracted by something pretty or shiny.

"Sure," Harry hummed and I glanced up at him, my heart soaring as I remembered he was wearing his glasses, outside in public, and I was so in love with him.

"No more having to go in hungover, thats for sure."

I laughed at the reminder of the morning after his birthday, aware of Harry shaking his head with pursed lips.

It wasn't my fault that he drank too much, it was his birthday and he's thirty four years old!

He should know better!

I smiled to myself as I thought about the way Scarlet knocked out at about eight thirty, after stuffing her face with cake and cherry pie, despite the fact Gemma had told her that her normal bedtime didn't apply because it was a special occasion, and once she was on the sofa with a blanket, Harry cracked into the Whiskey.

Of course, Gemma kept supplying me with vodka cranberries and there was so much cake; I was in heaven, then of course we had to go to work on Tuesday morning.

But at least seeing Anne and Robin getting up whilst I was trying to find something to ease my hangover in the fridge made it all worth it.

The two of them had drunk just as much as me, if not more and were on par with their son.

"What do you think of this one?" Harry asked and I blinked as I looked at the light attached to the show wall he was pointing at and I hummed.

Spending my day looking at outdoor lights wasn't exactly my idea of a fun Saturday but I was getting my nails done plus it was Valentines Day in like two weeks time, and I knew I had to be on my game.

I thought it was unfair that Harry's birthday and Valentines Day were within two weeks of each other because how could I plan and be thoughtful and outdo Harry on what could be the most romantic day of the year when he was my competition?!

"They're nice," I nodded, aware of Harry glancing at me. "These are for the front door right?"

"Yeah," Harry said, his fingers flexing around mine. "Two on either side of the front door definitely, and then maybe one above the garage."

"Why do we need garage lights?" I asked stupidly. "You're going to connect the lights inside to the system thingie right?"

"I forgot I said I'd do that," Harry laughed. "Yes, you're right. We don't need outside lights for the garage because as the doors roll up, the lights will turn on."

"Smart," I hummed. "I actually like this one better."

I pointed at the rounder and slightly more expensive light option. I didn't know how to explain it but I felt like it would fit the look of our house better.

"Oh really?" Harry asked and I nodded and I moved out the way as Harry stepped closer and leaned in to look at the light and I watched his face in amusement. "I agree."

"Really?"

"Yeah," Harry confirmed and I grinned.

I read over the little description of the light, the Lutec Canterbury die-cast aluminium wall later, combines traditional craftsmanship with time honoured metalwork and simply beautiful design.

Bit of a gay way to describe a lamp.

Harry grabbed two boxes and carefully placed them into the top basket part of the trolley and I made my way out of the lighting aisle, although it probably was my favourite aisle in Homebase, or B&Q or in fact any DIY homewares store.