twenty two.

h.

"I really don't get why this place is so expensive, they're just big fish tanks."

I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face as Ivy huffed about the price, which frankly I didn't even find that bad.

I thought fifty quid for the two of us was a fairly decent cost, that was only twenty five each.

"I mean, they're not quite," I laughed, reaching up to flick the tip of her nose as Ivy looked up at me unimpressed. "And besides, you're not the one who paid."

"Well you know I'm just thinking thinking about protecting my future investment," Ivy said matter of factly as she peered down at the attraction map the woman at the entrance had given us.

"Oh really now?" I asked with a raised eyebrow as I looked over her shoulder at the bright coloured map and I moved us out the way of some people who were making their way in behind us.

"Sure," Ivy shrugged. "I'm going to be your wife and you're older than me so when you die way before me, I'll get all your money so I want there to be as much as can be."

I stared at Ivy as her words hung in the air and my lips twitched and I couldn't control my stupid smile as I shook my head at my rather insane girlfriend.

Although, I was at risk of becoming the insane one, because I was acutely aware that Ivy just confirmed what we both already knew, that she'd be my wife one day.

Of course, we knew it, my family knew it, everyone knew it but it was different hearing her finally acknowledge it out loud.

"Oh I'd never force you to continue living your life without me," I hummed. "So when I die, I'm taking you with me."

Ivy laughed as she looked up at me and elbowed me in my ribs making me squirm before I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and pressed my lips to her head and I saw her roll her eyes but I also saw her lips twist up into a smile.

"I wanna see everything," Ivy said and I nodded as I pulled us forward, heading towards the photo area where a family of German's were just moving on and I saw Ivy smile politely.

"I assumed," I said easily as the guy with the camera directed us to sit down and I slung my arm around Ivy easily before I smiled and I glanced at her just as the camera clicked to see Ivy beaming and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Thanks," I nodded at the guy who let us go and I thought Ivy was about to start bouncing as we finally made our way further into the worlds oldest aquarium, which was crazy to think. "This is the Victorian Arcade."

"I know I read it on the map," Ivy said as she dragged me over towards the glass and she lent forward to look at the big fish. "I really hope we see some seahorses."

"Are they your favourite?" I asked, my eyes drifting over the boards explaining the different types of big fish that were housed in this area.

"Yeah, I fucking love seahorses," Ivy nodded excitedly before she pointed at a big ray as it floated through the water past us.

"I did not know that," I hummed. I would have never guessed she was into seahorses. "Did you know a rays closest relative is a shark?"

"I didn't," Ivy blinked and I nodded before I pointed at the board with some information about rays. "I love sharks too."

"Really?"

"Yep," Ivy said as she lent forward and my arm was stretched out as I stayed in place and I watched in amusement at the clear and almost perfect reflection of her face in the glass, that's how close she was to it.