Chapter 14- Ramen

yama was let out of his cell earlier than Shijin. A young Konoha ninja with silver hair and a headband covering a single eye walked him out of the building. The young man was obviously Kakashi Hatake.

Kakashi was professional in demeanor as he informed Yama of the situation.

  "Due to your former status as a ninja and our inability to search your memories, you are hereby placed under observation for the foreseeable future. I am your observer, Kakashi Hatake,

  During the next few weeks, I will be accompanying you."

Yama didn't seem to care or respond. He walked down the steps of the T&I HQ and stretched his arms and back. Yama squinted his eyes a little as they got used to the harsher daylight.

  "Say, Kakashi, you hungry at all?"

Kakashi was deadpan.

  "No, and if you'll let me finish. While you are under observation, you are under no limitations other than you are forbidden from leaving the village.

  I have not yet been informed of your intentions while in Konoha, please share them."

Yama was groaning as he continued to stretch out his back.

  "Urrgh, these old bones of mine. Must be nice to be young, huh?"

Kakashi sighed. It seemed like his mission for the foreseeable future was going to be dull, irritating, and cumbersome.

Yama continued.

  "Well, why don't we mix business and pleasure. Know any good bars around here? Wait, you're too young to drink right?

  I've heard there's a good ramen place nearby, we can go there."

Kakashi was annoyed, but it seemed like this old codger lived at his own pace. So Kakashi followed the man as he walked through Konoha.

They had been walking for around five minutes, and something that Kakashi couldn't put his finger on was putting him ill at ease.

It wasn't until Yama cut through an unmarked, unnamed alley between two large buildings that Kakashi knew.

Yama had not once asked for directions. The man obviously knew where he was going, which rang a few alarm bells.

Yama had no background, and was never before registered as a foreign shinobi, had never visited Konoha, yet here he was, taking shortcuts like a local. Kakashi's guard went up, and he understood a little better why he was asked to keep this man under observation. The fact that T&I couldn't read his memories meant that all the information they had on this man came from the man himself. Though the ANBU over there were good at their job, there were still some very good liars out there.

Kakashi threw caution to the winds and decided to ask, he wouldn't get answers any other way. If the man was infiltrating, he wouldn't do something so obvious to blow his cover, and the Hokage himself had vouched for Yama's intentions.

  "Have you ever been to Konoha before, Yama? Our records had indicated not."

  "Huh, whatdoya mean? Besides, we're already here."

Yama and Kakashi were standing in front of Ichiraku Ramen. Kakashi was actually somewhat surprised it was open. Many restaurants had closed following the Kyuubi attack, and more than a few civilians had fled from the village. A voice welcomed them in.

  "WELCOME TO ICHIRAKU, HAVE A SEAT PLEASE!"

Yama and Kakashi stepped into the restaurant and sat at the counter. An middle aged man stood behind the counter and smiled at the new customers.