|| Home

TW : Mentions of Anorexia

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"Did you miss me, my love?" The woman—Evangeline, stepped closer.

"Evangeline," Y/N said, stepping back involuntarily, eyes narrowing. "I didn't know you were invited to the party."

"Of course I was. I wouldn't want to miss my future wife's return party, would I?" Evangeline, once Y/N's 'first love,' locked eyes, a blank stare recalling buried childhood memories.

"How's life treating you?" She held two wine glasses. "Been trying to catch you, but you're always busy."

"Doing alright," Y/N mumbled. "London's great, actually."

Evangeline passed her a glass. "Care for a drink?"

"Can't, Mom's orders – staying sober tonight," Y/N said, waving off the offer. A sense lingered, as if accepting from Evangeline might upset Hermione.

"Aw, loosen up," Evangeline insisted, leaning in and putting the glasses down. Her hand rested on Y/N's. "Why so stiff? We go way back."

"I'm... seeing someone now. She wouldn't appreciate you touching me like that," Y/N murmured quietly.

Evangeline's expression dropped a bit. "What d'you mean? You've got a girlfriend now?"

"Not exactly," Y/N started. Describing what she had with Hermione was beyond words, but it was something.

"So, not even official?" Evangeline scoffed, regaining composure and clearing her throat.

"I guess so," Y/N nodded, crossing her arms, scanning for a way out of the conversation. Y/N sighed, choosing her words carefully. "There's someone, but it's complicated, Evangeline. I can't just—"

"Complicated, right," Evangeline interrupted, a smirk playing on her lips. "Well, we always did thrive on complications, didn't we?"

Y/N shifted uncomfortably. "Look, it's not about us anymore. Things have changed."

Evangeline's demeanor changed, now turning impatient. "Changed or not, Y/N, you can't just forget about me. I was there for you when everyone else hated you!"

Y/N shook her head, frustration building. "We're not kids anymore. I have a life, responsibilities."

Evangeline leaned back, a calculating gleam in her eyes. "Responsibilities or not, some things never change, huh? I bet she only likes you because you're popular."

Y/N, feeling a lump in her throat form, decided it was time to end this conversation. "Evangeline, I've moved on. It's time you do too."

Without waiting for a response, Y/N turned and walked away, leaving Evangeline behind with a mix of emotions on her face.