|| 35. How they walk (UN-EDITED)

"This is madness

"This is madness. At this rate, we'll be the only ones in our year without dates!" Ron exclaimed, his voice laced with a hint of frustration. The four friends sat around a table, their focus divided between their seatwork and the ongoing conversation. However, their discussion was abruptly interrupted when Snape unexpectedly ruffled Ron's head, causing him to groan and fall silent.

Ron, determined to salvage the situation, added with a mischievous smirk, "Well, us and Neville." His words carried a hint of playful teasing as he referenced their fellow Gryffindor. Y/N raised an eyebrow, intrigued by the mention of Neville's failed attempt to secure a dance partner. 

Curiosity piqued, she chimed in, her voice tinged with a touch of amusement, "Yeah, but then again, he can take himself." Harry and Ron snickered in agreement, sharing in the lighthearted jest. However, Hermione interjected, her tone carrying a hint of mystery. 

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," she retorted, her voice filled with subtle intrigue. Y/N's curiosity deepened, prompting her to inquire further. 

"Who?" Y/N questioned, her gaze fixed intently upon Hermione, awaiting an explanation. Hermione shrugged her shoulders, a cryptic smile playing at her lips. 

"Well, he's taking one of your best mates, Y/N. You should know," she responded, her words shrouded in enigma. 

The confusion etched on Y/N's face mirrored her puzzlement, her mind racing to unravel Hermione's cryptic message. The bond between them and Neville flashed through their thoughts, leaving Y/N with a perplexed expression.

"No way!" Y/N exclaimed, a wide smile stretching across her face, unable to contain her excitement. 

"Dan's actually done it," she murmured, referring to their mutual friend. The news of Dan securing a date for the ball filled Y/N with a mix of amusement and surprise. 

"Now I'm really depressed," Ron muttered, a touch of humor lacing his words as he playfully expressed his disappointment.

Suddenly, Fred discreetly passed a folded note to Ron, who shot his brother a confused glance before unfolding the paper and reading its contents. His eyes scanned the words, the playful smirk on his face growing wider with each passing moment.

"Who are you going with, then?" Ron couldn't help but ask, his curiosity getting the best of him. Fred pursed his lips, a mischievous glint dancing in his eyes as he crumbled the note into a tight ball and tossed it playfully toward Angelina. The girl shot him a glare, momentarily confused by the unexpected projectile.

"Oi, Angelina!" Fred whispered, his voice laced with an air of mischief. Angelina turned her gaze towards Fred, her expression a mix of curiosity and amusement.

"Do you wanna go to the ball with me?" Fred whispered, his movements animated as he mimicked dance steps, playfully showcasing his enthusiasm. Angelina smirked, captivated by Fred's playful charm.