|| Sirius

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Y/N observed as the Goblet's flames flickered red, spitting out a note. A hollow ache gnawed at her insides—everyone had been avoiding her, or was scared of her as if she were some kind of pariah.

It was the weekend, and Harry had kept him himself in his room all day, leaving her with no one to talk to since he'd been hit by seasonal depression. Ron almost seemed frightened of her. The tension with Hermione was still there, neither willing to extend an olive branch.

A faint crease formed on her brow as Dumbledore delicately unfolded the note.

"The new Hogwarts Champion: Y/N Crimson."

There was no cheers, no applause, only hushed murmurs and uncomfortable coughs. Y/N pressed her lips together, rising from her seat and quietly exiting the Great Hall—it was futile, she knew Dumbledore would choose her regardless of her consent.

She wandered aimlessly, lost in her thoughts until a hand on her shoulder jolted her back to reality. Turning, her frown deepened at the sight of Evangeline.

"Y/N," Evangeline greeted with a smirk, her grip tightening. "Congratulations on being chosen."

"Thanks," Y/N replied flatly, attempting to disengage and continue her stroll.

Evangeline persisted, stepping closer. "We're competitors now."

"I'm aware," Y/N deadpanned, meeting Evangeline's gaze as they walked side by side.

"We should spar, test each other's skills," Evangeline suggested, drawing Y/N closer. "A friendly mock match."

"But if you'd prefer in bed then I have no reason not to oblige—"

"I'd rather not," Y/N said firmly, pulling away. "And haven't I made it clear I'm seeing someone?"

"What," Evangeline scoffed lightly, hand over her mouth to stifle a laugh. "Hermione Granger?"

Y/N clicked her tongue and averted her gaze. "Isn't it obvious?"

"Not really," Evangeline shrugged. "You two have been avoiding each other like the plague—and it seems like everyone's avoiding you too, especially since they think you cursed Diggory or something."

"We're not. And I didn't," Y/N replied, her tone tinged with impatience.

"I know you didn't do it," Evangeline smirked, but there was something deeper behind that evil smirk of hers—something Y/N couldn't place her finger on.

"Why?" Y/N inquired, raising an eyebrow and studying Evangeline intently.

"Stare at me harder and I might just pass out," Evangeline quipped, changing the subject.

"I'm asking you a question, aren't I?" Y/N interjected, closing the distance between them. "Why do you believe me when everyone else doesn't?"

"Because I've known you since we were children," Evangeline replied matter-of-factly, holding her ground and leaning in. "I know you better than anyone here, you might seem cold on the outside when really, you wear your heart on your sleeve—atleast you did with me."