|| What Are We?

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

"Sick house, Y/N/N!" Ron exclaimed from the dining table, his words muffled by the food stuffed in his mouth.

"You'll have Mom to thank for that," Y/N replied, deftly slicing through her steak.

"Speaking of Mom—Amaryllis, she didn't go back with you to London?" Harry asked curiously, noticing that Amaryllis wasn't with Y/N when they surprised her.

"Nope," Y/N responded with a subtle undertone, her gaze momentarily drifting from her plate. "She'll stay there for a few more months."

Hermione noticed the shift in Y/N's demeanor, she furrowed her brows ever so slightly. Before she could ask if Y/N was okay, Y/N's hand found hers beneath the table. Confused but comforted, Hermione let their fingers intertwine without protest.

"She trusts you alone with the house now?" Hermione probed, her thumb tracing soothing circles on the back of Y/N's hand.

Y/N chuckled, leaning back in her chair. "Well, she knows you'll put me in check"

"Before you two start snogging," Ron interjected, raising his glass. "Let's raise a toast."

"A toast to what?" Y/N asked.

"A toast to your return, dummy!" Ron stated matter-of-factly.

With a amused smirk, Y/N and Hermione leaned back, their hands still entwined under the table as Ron took the lead in initiating the toast.

"To Y/N," Ron declared. "My best friend, and probably the best Chaser of the decade!"

A chorus of giggles and laughter followed, and the clinking of glasses echoed through the room. Y/N couldn't help but blush and smile ear-to-ear as they all took their turns.

"To the most important person in my life—to Y/N," Harry chimed in, a warm smile on his face, "My sister."

"To Y/N, my.. girlf—" Hermione paused as she reconsidered her words. Her eyes softened, and raising her glass, she continued, "To the girl I love the most."

The clinks of glasses continued, each one of them offering their tribute. As the toasts flowed, Y/N couldn't seem to bring the edges of her mouth down. The banter, the laughter, everything was perfect. She wished everything would stay frozen in place, that she could stay in this moment forever—it was good to be back.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

Y/N found herself in a situation she couldn't quite figure out. They were supposed to be grabbing board games from her room, but somewhere along the way, her hand was "suddenly" around Hermione's hips, and Hermione's fingers were entwined in Y/N's hair.

Hermione cradled Y/N's lap, and they couldn't seem to keep their hands off each other. Not that either of them were complaining. Their lips moved in sync, and Hermione's kisses were like an addictive drug—irresistible and all-consuming.