|| 34. Can I kiss you? (UN-EDITED)

Y/N and Hermione strolled along the quaint streets of Hogsmeade, the delightful ambiance of the village embracing them as they carried their shopping bags

Y/N and Hermione strolled along the quaint streets of Hogsmeade, the delightful ambiance of the village embracing them as they carried their shopping bags. Y/N, holding the bags effortlessly, took in the surroundings with a sense of tranquility. Amidst the hustle and bustle, Y/N's curiosity got the better of her, prompting her to break the silence.

"So," Y/N trailed off, her voice soft and inquisitive, "Who are you going with to the Yule Ball?" There was a gentle undertone of curiosity in her question, as if the answer held a certain significance to their own connection.

Hermione's response was tinged with uncertainty, her voice barely audible. "Oh, I don't know yet," she mumbled, her words carrying a hint of hesitation. Sensing Hermione's own reservations, Y/N offered a supportive presence.

"Has anyone asked you?" Y/N probed further, a flicker of concern in her eyes. Hermione nodded, acknowledging the fact that she had indeed received an invitation. Y/N's curiosity intensified, and she raised an eyebrow, eagerly awaiting Hermione's response. 

"Who?" Y/N asked, her gaze fixed intently upon Hermione, searching for any emotional cues that might reveal the truth. Hermione, meeting Y/N's intense gaze, took a deep breath before revealing the name. 

"Viktor Krum," she said, her voice filled with a mixture of uncertainty and honesty. The admission struck a chord within Y/N, a pang of jealousy surfacing despite their unspoken connection.

"Oh," Y/N mumbled, her voice betraying a hint of disappointment that she couldn't quite conceal. Pushing her own emotions aside, Y/N inquired further, "Did you say yes?" The question hung in the air, the answer holding a weight that could potentially redefine their own dynamic. 

Hermione shook her head, explaining her decision, "I told him I wanted some time to think about it." Y/N nodded in understanding, respecting Hermione's need for contemplation.

Finding solace beneath the shade of a random tree, they settled down, their shopping bags finding a temporary home on the ground. Side by side, they shared a moment of respite, allowing their thoughts to settle amidst the beauty of their surroundings. 

Underneath the tree's embrace, Y/N and Hermione found comfort in each other's presence, navigating the complexities of emotions and choices that lay ahead.

With a tender whisper, Y/N addressed Hermione, their voices barely audible amidst the serene ambiance. 

"Hermione?" Y/N murmured, her gaze filled with an affectionate longing as they looked over at the girl who had nestled her head against the comforting trunk of the tree. Hermione responded with a soft hum, her eyes fluttering open to meet Y/N's earnest gaze. A surge of warmth washed over Hermione as their fingers gently intertwined, their connection tangible and profound.

Y/N's voice faltered, her heart beating rapidly as they mustered the courage to express their deepest desires. 

"Will you... uhm..." Y/N's voice trailed off, the words hanging delicately in the air. Hermione's heart skipped a beat, a sense of anticipation mingling with her own emotions.